Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cammo or No Cammo?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Cammo or No Cammo?

Question, I have a friend who thought it was funny when I purchased hunting clothes with the Cammo patterns on them because he said my Carhart cold weather gear ,Tan in color, would be good enough since Deer are color blind and only see movement not patterns or fine details. Did I waste my money on exspensive gear or was it a good investment? What do Deer see when they zero in on us?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
G92
Fork Horn

you did not waste your money ...IMO your friends an idiot for wearing a tan carhart hes gunna get shot.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

what are you hunting from?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

I wear camo underwear. True story.

/shrug, I really don't know. To me, its all just part of the fun of hunting...getting all geared up in hunting gear.

The trick to hunting in Texas, I have found, is to get an oversized, lightweight, weatherproof jacket that you can layer up underneath. Got your camo covered in any situation, just change up what you wear underneath.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a climbing stand but I prefer a natural blind on the ground like I used this past Saturday for the second time. I nailed my first Deer on the ground after coming up empty in the stand 7 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
Question, I have a friend who thought it was funny when I purchased hunting clothes with the Cammo patterns on them because he said my Carhart cold weather gear ,Tan in color, would be good enough since Deer are color blind and only see movement not patterns or fine details. Did I waste my money on exspensive gear or was it a good investment? What do Deer see when they zero in on us?

You only wasted money if you are hunting from a conceled blind or shooting house.

I can't imagine that still hunting a woods in tan carharts is to successful.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good reply Half. I guess it was a poorly worded question about what Deer see when the spot us. I would try to ask them but when I get close enough they seem to be lifeless and sticking their tongue out at me.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Been wearing the tan carharts for years myself during cold weather. In my opinion, scent and movement is king.

Edit: check out my avatar, you can see my carhart bibs in the photo
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I've killed deer both ways..........
Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's only a waste of money if you think it is. Who cares what anyone else thinks. If it's something you want, then get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.