Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blizzard Coming

Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Blizzard Coming

We are suppose to get 3" -5" of snow this afternoon. 8" - 13" by the end of Wednesday with strong winds on Wednesday. I am headed out in a little bit for an afternoon sit. Where would you sit with the snow coming down hard this afternoon? My 2 choices are down in an overgrown gravel pit where I would be out of the wind, (wind will be about 15 mph today) ora stand that I have along a river, right by a great spot where they cross the river. This spot would be a great spot to look over an open field.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

None of the above....stay home. You have a greater chance of getting wacked by a widow maker than seeing a deer. Visability poor......you won't be ably to see 50 yards either.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats not an option. This might be my last chance to go out this year, so I will be out there someplace.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck BIG D, Im leaving for work heading to Milw, Wi.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

We are supposed to get between 11-17 inches here...

I'm just gonna stop watching the television cause every time I turn it on, the forecast has increased. Should be interesting for those 1st season shotgun guys that still have tags left....
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

creek stand IMO
Old 12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

where ever has best bedding and food source closest together!
PAThwaker excuse your bad attitude!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PAThwacker
None of the above....stay home. You have a greater chance of getting wacked by a widow maker than seeing a deer. Visability poor......you won't be ably to see 50 yards either.
Hunting in very hard snowing conditions have proved successfull for our hunting group. Some of the biggest deer taken in the snow. I would find a stand that has a natural windbreak and a close source of food/water. Get out there, and where your wool underwear (If you have these, please don't tell us. We don't want to know.) lmao
BigBuck95
Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, thanks for your input guys. I really wanted to sit the river crossing stand, only because I have sat back in the gravel pit the last few evenings, and have not seen a deer. But when I got to the river crossing stand, it was clear that I would be looking right into the blowing snow, so I went back to the pit stand. I think we must have gotten about 4" of snow in the 2.5 hours that I was out there, and didnt see a deer. Didnt see any tracks on hte way out either.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I went out this evening and saw 13 deer all does and fawns, however I sat in a heated tower stand getting quite old to just sit in regular stans in this storm
Redclub

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.