Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blizzard Coming

Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

About the time all the horrible weather blows over, our muzzleloader season opens so it might be a great one this year! Good luck to all you other late season hunters.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our ML season ends theis Sunday. Tomorrow will be a wash, winds are supose to be gusting about 45 mph, with over a foot of snow. Then the rest of the week is supose to be around 0 degrees.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Spike

Which all means to me a trip to Welch Village for some skiing with the roommates and gf.

Im new btw
Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

River bed and for the guy who said dont go you wont have visibility dont listen to him. I went out the other night it was snowing hard I ended up seeing 6 does and a nice 5 point. I absolutely love hunting in the snow
Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

We got about 8 inches here in upstate NY, so the deer hunting should be good this weekend. Cheers for deers
BigBuck95
Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wind and snow, sounds like ideal hunting weather to me. Maybe not the best for sitting stands, but they do have to eat. They may feed heavily with an approaching storm.

If your spots allow it, windy snowy days are great for stillhunting. Try it, you may be suprised at how easy it is to walk up on deer in these conditions.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Wind and snow, sounds like ideal hunting weather to me. Maybe not the best for sitting stands, but they do have to eat. They may feed heavily with an approaching storm.

If your spots allow it, windy snowy days are great for stillhunting. Try it, you may be suprised at how easy it is to walk up on deer in these conditions.
x2 on that advice!

iSnipe