Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ethics question

Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure when this became a bible thumpin thread but I'll give ya my two cents with out any scripture. Its a dick move on your neighbor's part to not allow your son and you to go get the doe, especially if you have blood indicating that the deer was shot on your property. Good opportunity to teach your son about people. Now, I do not know about Illinios, but in Indiana it is your legal responsibility to pursue wounded game to you farthest extent. I would have called the CO and informed him of the situation and then proceeded to press charges based on the fact that the guy has been trespassing and blocked your legal right and responsibility to pursue and retreave downed game. Just my opinion.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I live in MN and in this state it is legal to retrive your game on another persons land even if it is posted. The same was true when I hunted in CA. You cannot bring a weapon with you when you do this because it might look like you were hunting. But the laws vary from state to state
Old 12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sauer06
I live in MN and in this state it is legal to retrieve your game on another persons land even if it is posted.
No It Isn't legal. Only legal If It's not posted.

Exceptions
• A person on foot may, without permission, enter land that is not
posted to retrieve a wounded animal that was lawfully shot, but
may not remain on the land after being told to leave.
• A person on foot may, without permission, enter private land
without a firearm to retrieve a hunting dog. After retrieving the
dog, the person
must immediately leave the premises. This exception
does not authorize
the taking of the wild animal.

As for the starter of this thread, you did the right thing all though I'm sure It was tough to do. If I would've been you I might of called him a few hours later and If no one answered or got back I would've made the trip over to his place In person and said a few things. Heck he could've went with you 2 to retrieve your sons deer If It would make him feel better.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 121553
...Deleted by CalHunter...
But back to the original post, I have to ask oldedawg is how much property do you own and how far was your boy from the property line? I was just curious? Just one more thing, was this the first time you ever thought of a wounded deer could go on posted property or had the thought ever entered your head?
I think your boy learned a valuable lesson early in life.

Bobby
If the original poster is going to make a post at least a reply would be in order. If your not going to respond to one of your post then don't waste my time by posting and not replying.

Bobby

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-12-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Spike

You should prosecute for trespassing.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bigcountry
It apprears your missing the big picture here. Simple question. How old are you? Yes, its very relevant.
Are you some sort of pedifile? I know one large origanized religion had problems with that. I'm old enough to know a fanatic and predator when I hear one. Matter o' fact, it's also none of your business.

Leave me out of this and don't bother me. Guys like you are why many people don't like to discuss religion. No one wants to hear you rant. And you keep asking me my age tells others you have issues.

LEAVE ME ALONE.

The MODS will be contacting you shortly, idiot.

iSnipe
Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerchump
and the bartender says to the horse......
"Hey, what's with the long face"?

Just wanted to detour this thread a little.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
"Hey, what's with the long face"?

Just wanted to detour this thread a little.
You mean senator kerry right?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be simple for me, I would leave my weapon on my side of the fence and go get the deer. If I got caught and they pressed charges, I would pay the fine. Two sides of my place is bordered by a wildlife managment area. A couple of times I have caught someone from there looking for wounded deer and I help them look. I dont allow hunting on it, but it doesnt bother me for people to look for wounded animals. The other two borders of my property me and the owners have the agreement to allow looking for wounded animals, so I really dont have a problem where I hunt. I dont understand why these world is loaded with such jerks about such things. I dont have that problem where I hunt and very glad for that.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

lol i would tell him u are going to turne him in and see what he says that is ****ty that he treats you like that if my son shot a deer but he is only 6 months old i would have been at his door for the next day or so and would called the game W. and got that deer back if he didnt like it i would kick his ass but tell your son nice shooting and to keep at it there is just people like that trust me i was friends with a guy like that in highschool and now we dont talk to each other because he is one of the guys that want to make rules and not do it them self

hey you should post a pic of the guy on your land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.