Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ethics question

Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Its near impossible to change the mind of a self proclaimed knowledgable expert.
False accusation. I never proclaimed myself anything.

Now, do we want to continue this, or let it drop? If so, fire away on why the individual is justified in pursuing the wounded game.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
under what condition can a person disobey civil law.
When it violates God's law.

iSnipe
Old 12-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Deleted by CalHunter...
But back to the original post, I have to ask oldedawg is how much property do you own and how far was your boy from the property line? I was just curious? Just one more thing, was this the first time you ever thought of a wounded deer could go on posted property or had the thought ever entered your head?
I think your boy learned a valuable lesson early in life.

Bobby

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-12-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:59 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
False accusation. I never proclaimed myself anything.

Now, do we want to continue this, or let it drop? If so, fire away on why the individual is justified in pursuing the wounded game.
I asked you a simple question first fork. I know the most likely answer. If you want respect, you got to give it. It works both ways.

I never invited anything to continue anything you see. I put out my personal opinion way back. Another gracious poster replied to me concerning God's word. I replied back. After that, you felt the need to continue it. I am just sayin.

Last edited by bigcountry; 12-11-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by bigcountry

Its near impossible to change the mind of a self proclaimed knowledgable expert.
I am curious bc,...

WHERE did he "self proclaim" he was a knowledgeable expert? I'm curious because I did read most posts, not all, but did not see him say or refer that.

iSnipe
Old 12-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

So this horse walks into a bar......
Old 12-11-2009, 05:51 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I am curious bc,...

WHERE did he "self proclaim" he was a knowledgeable expert? I'm curious because I did read most posts, not all, but did not see him say or refer that.

iSnipe
Why would you be curious? He addresses himself as father. Kinda a dead giveaway. Second, he tells me I quote

"Some serious biblical sholarship on this passage would benefit you"

And then "What I am is someone whose occupation requires him to be knowledgeable of what experts are saying "

I am not sure about your neck of the woods snipe, but its 100% clear in mine. For someone to recongize the need for biblical scholarship, well they would have to assume they are. I sure didn't take it negatively. I am sure he is a believer in Christ. He beleives a certain level of intelligence in himself, and I believe what the Word of God says to me. No, I am not a bible scholar as he. I bet catholics worst nightmare was when Martin Luther translated the bible to something ordinary man could read. I can't and don't recommend anyone go off what another man says, no matter if its Billy Graham or the pope. We got the book, just read it. Meditate on it, hear God's word. And we are going to be wrong a few times. Or most of the time. We got grace. Everybody has an individual walk with Christ. Fork can't expect me to be on the exact walk he is on and neither can I expect him too. This is not a put down for fork by the way. The man I am sure is well learned in what scholars say. Much more than I will ever be.

Paul puts wisdom in perspective for us in 1 Corinthians 1. Remember the Pharasees were the most educated at the time. Scholars abound. Just sayin.

But I agree with other posters. Its getting to the point where this conversation does not belong in this post.

Last edited by bigcountry; 12-11-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:52 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
So this horse walks into a bar......
You can't leave us hangin. Go on, so a horse walks in a bar. .........

Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well unless the law has changed here in WV and I don't think it has, if you have a blood trail leading onto posted property you still have the legal and ethical right to track and retreive a wounded animal,if not there would be much waist and anti hunters don't need anymore fuel for there fire!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
Well unless the law has changed here in WV and I don't think it has, if you have a blood trail leading onto posted property you still have the legal and ethical right to track and retreive a wounded animal,if not there would be much waist and anti hunters don't need anymore fuel for there fire!
No law listed in WV that says that sorry to inform you. In fact, land in WV doesn't have to be posted, a fense will suffice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.