Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ethics question

Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 121553
...Deleted by CalHunter...
But back to the original post, I have to ask oldedawg is how much property do you own and how far was your boy from the property line? I was just curious? Just one more thing, was this the first time you ever thought of a wounded deer could go on posted property or had the thought ever entered your head?
I think your boy learned a valuable lesson early in life.

Bobby
Bobby I have 200 acres neighbor has 40. My son was approximately 200 yards from the property line. Believe it or not, in my 40 years of hunting it has occurred to me that deer do tend to not stay just on my property. I have permission from all other neighbors to retreive wounded aminals. As previously stated this particular neighbor lives by the mantra of "whats mine is mine and whats everyone elses is mine" I am not sure if that is becuase of their socio-economic status or just because they are idiots. I am not sure what lesson you feel my son earned, but the lesson I wanted him to learn is that certain people are ethically challenged and we do not belong to that group. I hope this clears up your confusion.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

This land is your land this land is my land..............Need I say more...

But what it really comes down to is, let me see, you son rides a dirt bike right, probably all around on everyones property. The biggest thing pertaining to someone's property is to not disturb anything. They get all upset becuase there son and friends who has'nt grown up enough to appriciate them, leaves trash, soda cans, fast food bags, they may have fallen off the top of the truck. But then there is ruts in the yard, you know from when it's wet and you really need to keep the tires on the gravel or pavement. Or someone lets dogs out to run across there propety, Bumpasses!!!!! Little things like this will eat away at someones heart and turn them................

Or they have a mariwanna growing operation....

Last edited by Big Buck Dave; 12-17-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Spike

Big Buck Dave

Actually its my ***t head neighbor's kids that ride the dirt bikes on my property and leave empties.

Maybe they are growing weed - although you would think they would have the harvest in at this point in the season!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for clarifying olddawg.
Thats what I think, they have something there they don't want anyone to see.
I just don't have the people or neighbor problem as you do but you do meet all kinds. I have 2 tree stands on the corners of 40 acres over looking the national forest and I have not ever had even one person ask me to hunt on my property or look for an animal. If anyone wanted to hunt it I would let them, its not no big deal here.

Bobby
Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Ya at least go out and buy a license.... Jeeezzz all you gotta do is push a couple buttons on the computer and viola. But then you have to check'em in which involves a phone call. Wow it's a tuff job hunting!