Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting was a flop

Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in my tree stand 45 min before light stay there till 11'00 then get down sometimes walk slow threw the woods looking for signs.I'VE hunted out of all 4 of my stands but still nothing.I forgot to mention that i hunt morn and evening out of each stand .The woods i hunt in is 25-30 acers .I know every trail in the place .My stands are set up between 2 thickets and they all have a creek running threw it .In the past i had no problem seeing deer ,i've always taken 2 deer out of that woods A doe during bow and a buck during gun .It's these last 2 years thats driving me crazy .Thanks for all your advice maybe i'll keep trying who knows maybe i'll get lucky .Oh and thanks for the comment KEVIN1 is that you answer to everones problem .
Old 11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

actually comforting to know someone else isn't having a banner year either.

I hear your pain and experiencing it too!

Not just this year but I think my last 5 hunts without success? sure I've had some fun, learned a bunch, and got out there to chase some, even passed up some dinks etc...which is at least nice to pass up some smaller animals vs. not seeing any at all.

let me add 'em up...

IL deer, no luck
NM elk, not even a shot opprotunity
MT antelope, no luck, passed some dinks
IL deer, no luck
MT elk, almost had a shot at a decent bull
WY antelope, nothing! passed tons of dinks, and a few ok bucks in a supposed BC hotspot!
IL deer, no luck yet....at least?

I'm kinda tired of "hunting" and not "killing", course I've had chances to just kill whatever...

this stuff is tough I guess, maybe next year I can make up for some dismal past seasons, but who knows, eventually I'll have success
Old 11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Patience and Luck

The 2 biggest things about HUNTING is PATIENCE and LUCK.
Patience is something you can decide, the Luck factor is up to the deer.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by arrow2512
I been hunting hard this year ,but not seeing very many deer.Just don't know what happen going on with last year hunting and this years hunting .Just don't know if i'm going to finish the rest of bow season .
Fair chase hunting is never a given. I hunted this area for several years 7 years to be exact. Allways been sightings of good bucks, allways showed up between seasons, but could never connect. When I thought I would never connect, there he is walking by. You just never know, thats why its called hunting.