Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

223 strikes again

Old 11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 223 strikes again

my daughter hit a spike and i gotta a doe with the same rossi 223 within 1 minute of each other...she's 11 and its her 2nd deer...and she's tellin me to quit shakin.....
my poor buddy jus came down from the ground blind, we climbed in and were done in 5 minutes lol....hopefully he'll go 1st again in the mornin lol we will be right behind him lol

thx dude!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know, if you didn't mention your daughter, people would be ALL OVER YOU saying the .223 is too small and an unethical caliber to use on deer.

Have anything to say to them? LOL!

=================

Great going halfbaked! That sounds like a priceless memory to me! Got yah beat on that 5 minutes though...

Started up a tree on my climber, had a rope attached to the rifle, I get going up and look over to my right and big doe was working her way into a small clearing in the woods. Key word "was". DRT about 3 minutes. LOL!

Good luck man on your future episodes out there. Keep us informed!

Congrat's too. Nice!

iSnipe
Old 11-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
You know, if you didn't mention your daughter, people would be ALL OVER YOU saying the .223 is too small and an unethical caliber to use on deer.

=================

Great going halfbaked! That sounds like a priceless memory to me! Got yah beat on that 5 minutes though...

Started up a tree on my climber, had a rope attached to the rifle, I get going up and look over to my right and big doe was working her way into a small clearing in the woods. Key word "was". DRT about 3 minutes. LOL!

Congrat's too. Nice!

iSnipe
man if ya saw the shoulder on the exit..yes i said exit...side was golfball to tennis ball sized..kinda like a figure 8.and ran a lil, but she(my daughter) found the blood and she...11 years old...tracked it all the way...and the neck shot dropped it in its tracks with a lil kick or 2 from its bak but didnt go n e where....
Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iSnipe

=================

Congrat's too. Nice!

iSnipe
exactly.... then again i have seen on an other forum where they said a 270 is too small for a deer,and they advised the guy to get either a 308 or a 7mm..

i always thought it was shot placement first.....

halfbaked...congrats and nice to see some young boys and girls taking a good interest in hunting.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

223 strikes again-img_0079.jpg

223 strikes again-img_0076.jpg

there's the kidos!!!!

some were ok and others gaged lol
Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

I don't listen to half these guys on here. They say that .223 don't work on deer. Thats a bunch of bull. IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOT PLACEMENT!!!! IF YOU SHOOT A DEER WITH A .223 AND IT DOESN'T DIE IT MEANS YOU SUCK AT SHOOTING A RIFLE!!!
IF THIS LITTLE GIRL CAN DO IT THAN I'D BE PRETTY EMBARRASSED TO SAY THAT I CAN'T.

P.s. Rock on, Girl. Congrats on the two deer and keep slaying 'em with that .223!

Nuff said...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Shot placement is everything. I'm 5'9" and 215 lbs. I'm very recoil sensitive do to two neck surgeries. 5-6-7-fuses, with a titanium Plate and 6 screws. I'm still hunting but use a 25-06, and .45 BP instead of the 30-06. I've seen a lot of deer taken with .223 and usually only one shot. Most that criticise have a big eagle, and use big guns to make themselves fell good. barmy:
Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to both of you