Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fob

Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Spike

Default Fob

any one ever try FOBs
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever tried some SDM? How about some QRD's? Dang, those SOB's are rough too, eh? And to think, the VLR's need improvements. Some day I'll have enough for those LER's, but they're spendy.

iSnipe
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

LOL! That was a play at reminding you that sometimes people don't get acronyms, hyphenated versions of the original or short descriptions. It's often best to give more info to get more info... or at least have more people understand what you mean.

Anyway, IMO they are sort of a gimmick. While they may work every bit as advertised, hardly anyone is using them. Why? Because it's not necessary. They eliminate almost all standard rests and IMO are more susceptible to cross winds and hitting branches because they are larger and less forgiving. Can you picture them flying in the woods? I'd say sooner or later they will hit a branch throwing it off target.

This is an opinion as I have never used them and have no plans in the future. If you want to really check something out, check out Blazer vanes! I have some buddies that are serious about their accuracy with broadheads and swear by them.

iSnipe
Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iSnipe
LOL! That was a play at reminding you that sometimes people don't get acronyms, hyphenated versions of the original or short descriptions. It's often best to give more info to get more info... or at least have more people understand what you mean.
iSnipe
YA Think!

But, I still don't have a clue what FOB's are!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe they're an invention of jonwp? I don't know. But I wasted my time trying to find out and now I'm PFM!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Spike

yall are going to have to send a search party for me cause i am so figgin lost on this
Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are funny. LOL!

I further continued the anonymity of the original poster's question by leaving out in my reply the nature of the FOB. LOL!

They are a replacement for traditional vanes/feathers on the back end of an arrow.

iSnipe
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iSnipe
You guys are funny. LOL!

I further continued the anonymity of the original poster's question by leaving out in my reply the nature of the FOB. LOL!

They are a replacement for traditional vanes/feathers on the back end of an arrow.

iSnipe
Thank you iSnipe !
I was LMF mind trying to figure it out!
Now that I know, I think they look kinda funny
and as you stated there are too many reasons to NOT use them.
I use Blazers, I even have a 1/2 dozen done in Quickspin's.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Fork Horn

glad you cleared that one up isnipe. I was also lmfm over that one. Looks like the inventor of tinker toys is alive and in another area of business.