Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Season Ruiner

Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't think of any hunters who haven't shared your pain, it happens. One of the best bucks I have taken I clean cut missed on a gimme shot, I ended up harvested that buck a few weeks later in the same location. I had my first ML hangfire in 15 plus years of smokepole hunting this year, just so happened to be on a big whitetail. Missed opportunities are part of the game! Fall off, get right back on and ride again.

Best of Luck
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with skeeter. You will always remember that one but the next time the shot presents itself you will probably get back to basics and concentrate on hitting the 10 ring.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DoeDown
Clean miss is always better then a wounding shot .. still a tough pill to swallow. Good luck the rest of the season.
Very well put, it's the misses that make us a better hunter, that's for sure!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Spike

I agree, the best part of what happened (after all was said and done) is that i copletely missed him...god i wish i could have that moment back........
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

you aint allone man. i shot my biggest buck of my life last sunday morning. and it HHHUUURRRTTTTSSSSS.....
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Spike

you shot it or missed it? im asuming you meant miss.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

nope.... i shot it. i posted on it on "lost the biggest buck of my life". i have also missed a couple good deer with a bow
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Spike

"definately feel I blew my season BIG time, anyone got any relavent stories or advice that might be somewhat encouraging"

You definitly blew your season BIG time and most likely the rest of your entire future hunting career as well. Sell the bows, guns, camo and Tinks Doe-In-Heat lure while you can still get good money for them.

Then...buy some more stuff, get out there and pound the p*ss out of the woods. Your day is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Hurricane

ps. thanks for the story, we've all been there but a fresh reminder works wonders for the "humble dept."