Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone have any idea what these are? >

Anyone have any idea what these are?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's what they are...............nothing to worry about. If anyone knows the real name for them, I'd like to know too.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Here's what they are...............nothing to worry about. If anyone knows the real name for them, I'd like to know too.
Exactly. They are not in the meat anyway, so it's really no big deal. I've seen uglier things in deer than those, I can promise you that.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Click here!
Found them in a doe today. Those are the tenderloins on each side.
I've forward your photos to my friend the game biologist for my area. I've also seen them in most deer I've taken.

I'll post the info when I heard back from him. ---Thom

Last edited by thom2; 11-10-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

i hunt the canaan / salisbury area myself..
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

They look like lymph nodes. I've seen them in the deer's throat but never in the loins.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Spike

Those are kidney beans, put 'em in a soup!!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by superstrutter
You guys must have not cleaned too many deer. Those things are in every deer I have ever killed. Sometimes many, sometimes just a few. I really can't tell you what they are, but they aren't blood clots. They are probably cysts.
I can't say I'm an expert when it comes to deer anatomy, but I've gutted, skinned, butched, deboned, and trimmed off fat of, at best guess, about 30 deer in my life and that's the first I've ever seen of anything that looks like that. Maybe it's common in some parts of the country and not in others (?) (all I've been dealing with is Missouri, mostly grain-fed, deer) but I would've been surprised too if I opened one up and saw that. Maybe on deer #31 I'll be surprised....)
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only seen this, in that area, on does, and not every one that I've taken. That's why I believed it to be fawn nursing related, particularly the way the fawns will '" bang the sack " with their heads, possibly causing small capillaries to rupture.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crokit
I've only seen this, in that area, on does, and not every one that I've taken. That's why I believed it to be fawn nursing related, particularly the way the fawns will '" bang the sack " with their heads, possibly causing small capillaries to rupture.
they were on a buck that i dressed yesterday so i doubt its fawn related. i thought it was little terds or something.