Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Question Need answered today asap please help me out >

Question Need answered today asap please help me out

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question Need answered today asap please help me out

Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

hey listen dont even think one bit your annoying anybody on this website. The website was created to answer questions hunters have. So if you have anymore keep on posting them and we would love to answer them and help you out. Even the best of hunters sometimes have questions so keep the questions coming and happy hunting I hope you get the experience of arrowing a deer this year.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't read all the replies, so sorry if I'm repeating what was already said...

But first, want to say DITTO about what the poster said above me. We're here... or at least I am, to help others and get some tips myself!

One thing that dictates where I hunt is the wind. In almost every single case, I check out the weather report and see what the temps are and the WIND DIRECTION! If the wind is not right for a spot, I never hunt it... unless it was back in the day when I wore Scent-Loc religiously. Sounds like you have a good spot picked out, but you can ruin the stand by hunting it with the wrong wind direction. Always have back-up stands/locations picked out in the event the wind is not right or it changes "during" the hunt. On a few occasions the wind shifted, so I just left to another stand location or still hunt the rest of the evening somewhere else.

iSnipe
Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like the guys above said, ask as many questions as you want, there are a lot of guys on here that are willing to answer any questions you have and wont think your annoying. That is what the site is for.

As for your question, the bucks will be moving all day no matter what the temperature is! So be out there as much as you can. also i would say definitely put some scent out, maybe run a drag along the field edge so if anything comes out it will get on the scent and come in. But the most important thing is to make sure the wind is in your favor! So if the wind isnt good for that stand hunt another spot! good luck
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, how'd the hunt go anyway? What did you end up doing?

iSnipe
Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

If the 70+ degree day is abnormaly warm for this time of year and it's been much colder before today that temperture swing most likely will have the does closer to a water source during the heat of the day and guess what...thats where you'll find the bucks. They will probably be in that field later in the evening and most likely after shooting light. Seen it happen way to many times!

If it were me I would find where they water and hang out there.

If the water source is close by, get in your stand!

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 11-08-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Spike

Default Staging areas

If your hunting where there is a corn field you want to stay back in the woods like 50 yards or more and catch them when they are coming into feed in the field. most older bucks will piddle around about 100-200 yards inside the woods until its dark then they will walk out in a field. jus my $.02 where at in ohio are you?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

You can't kill em on the couch Dude. Gotta put the time in. You have all the right tools.............take that decoy and get after it.