Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Could've arrowed him but.....

Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Nothing wrong with the high road. The beauty of it is that you are never sorry.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Great point Champlain Islander.

However, some that think they are on it, not so surprisingly... you can only see their hat.

iSnipe
Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cwanty03
beezer buddy....you are definitely missing the big picture....it's about the hunt. NOT the meat.....in this case. the guy didnt want to open his back door and shoot it. bottom line. he is in it 4 the hunt...the chase....the game....the challenge! if your really that poor and need the meat so bad start out by cuttin your internet service out!!!
thanks bud...if that doesnt help at all ill supply you with a deer!
You sir, are the one who seems to be missing the point. If you want the chase, the game and the hunt....carry a camera instead of a weapon. And no, I'm far from that poor. I just don't see the point in "chasing" and animal if I'm not going to use it for something better than the "thrill of the chase."

That, in a nutshell, is the point. Hunting is killing, plain and simple. It isn't a game and it isn't meant to be a thrill, it's for a purpose and that purpose is sustinance..not fun.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
I'll address a couple things.

The thing that bothered me was that the deer there are obviously used to people being around. Maybe the people who used to live there fed them or something. It just doesn't work for me shooting a deer that is just going to lay there and look at me.
Now you've entered a total other area. I can understand this reason completely. But, state that from the beginning and it makes sense. I'm sure that you youself will have to agree that an empty house 100yds from no one is nothing more than a blind.

On the other hand, as Snipe has apparently refused to answer, would you have a problem stalking and shooting that same deer in woods if you saw it? Same situation, just not near a house...buck tending doe.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Man I dont have the woods to hunt nor the money like most of yall tards. Well some of yall. I live in the back woods but near the city and hunt my back woods everyday morning and night, If I saw that bas%@*$ Sitting down I dont give a crap where he was he's going down. And I dont think ANY of yall guys cant HONESTLY say if that 150 class+ Buck was layed down under your stand or 60 yrdsaways. you wouldnt shoot him? COME ON!!!?
x2. As I've stated, people will say what they think the masses want to hear to avoid being crucified on a message board.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WhitBri
Like has been said if he didn't have a huge set of antlers we wouldn't be talking about this. I think the decision to pass on him was right if that was what you felt then. To each their own. People hunt for a variety of reasons, if its legal then I can't say right or wrong. But I do feel the general hunting public is far too obsessed with antlers, antlers = $ in some instances and I think that is something that is horribly unethical. Antler greed is a very bad thing for hunting. I fear it will get to a point where the trophy greed will help the anti hunters outlaw the sport we love. Antlers and hunting trophys are great but its getting out of hand.
x2. I've also said the same thing. No one seems to mind blasting the hell out of a doe, but everyone seems to have all the "respect" in the world for a buck. My opinion..."If deer didn't have antlers, no one would care who shoots which one."
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Beezer
Hunting is killing, plain and simple. It isn't a game and it isn't meant to be a thrill, it's for a purpose and that purpose is sustinance..not fun.
I hunt because its fun and I get a thrill out of it. There wouldnt be hunting shows on TV all day long if hunting wasnt fun and thrilling. Ive never seen anyone get all excited after taking a huge buck because of the damn meat.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Spike

I think the real question here is, Why am I having to long back in every 5 minutes? lol
Old 11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Spike

I mostly just troll around here soaking up as much info from you guys as I can, thanks for all the great info. This post has brought up a question for me. What is the real difference between shooting the buck in the OP and shooting a deer with a high powered rifle at 300 yards? Not much of a hunt at 300 yards in my mind. Yah you are out in the woods and not near a house, but either way the deer has no chance.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
I hunt because its fun and I get a thrill out of it. There wouldnt be hunting shows on TV all day long if hunting wasnt fun and thrilling. Ive never seen anyone get all excited after taking a huge buck because of the damn meat.
Agree. I think 99% of the people on this site Hunt because it is fun and they get a thrill out of hunting.. Yes, they also get the meat and love it but it is a Thrill at the same time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.