Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Could've arrowed him but.....

Old 11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Could've arrowed him but.....

....it just wouldn't be cool. Reeked of not fair.

A buddy called me to say there was a real nice deer on a small piece of property he was working at. Said it was pestering some does and hanging around. Bedding down & up, down & up.

So I headed over there. What I found was a nice buck ending himself a doe. He was bedded right outside the back door and the object of his obsession was bedded right along the house.

I couldn't shoot him. It wasn't right.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

So you didnt shoot it because its "girlfriend" was there!!??
I would have arrowed that thing soooo fast. Im no pro at scoring but that looks like a 160 class + deer

But to each is there own I guess
Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

It is called sportsmanship and some have it and some don't. Super picture.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I believe you. There are times when a person has to make a decision based on their own ethics and no one is around to judge otherwise.

It's amazing how many deer(one a trophy) I see "AFTER" legal shooting light and could shoot them. I tell myself the same thing "I couldn't shoot him. It wasn't right."

I'm proud of you uncle matt for making a commendable decision.

iSnipe
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt have shot it either. i dont care how big it was. its not hunting.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
i wouldnt have shot it either. i dont care how big it was. its not hunting.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean? Picking a vehicle struck deer up off the road isn't hunting, but many do it. Just because it's behind a house and following a doe isn't fair game? In that case, I may as well not go into the woods because they are all over the place behind me and bedding down across the street. You'd have to cover yourself in camo and be another 20ft in the woods before you'd shoot it? And then, you'd stalk up onto it, hiding behind trees, and shoot it just like it's sitting now?

Hate it, I'm in it to eat. If that deer didn't have antlers on it's head, it'd sure enough be in someone's freezer right now. Why does the size of the antlers make such a difference when it's all about the meat? And no I don't hunt "brown it's down," like I said I hunt to eat. Until the freezer is full as long as it's legal it's fair game, regardless of antlers or not. You can't eat doe tags or antlers, period.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wouldn't work if i was in that stand,i would have killed his @$$!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im the,''If its brown its down''hunter,cause i hardly see a deer!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Beezer
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean? Picking a vehicle struck deer up off the road isn't hunting, but many do it. Just because it's behind a house and following a doe isn't fair game? In that case, I may as well not go into the woods because they are all over the place behind me and bedding down across the street. You'd have to cover yourself in camo and be another 20ft in the woods before you'd shoot it? And then, you'd stalk up onto it, hiding behind trees, and shoot it just like it's sitting now?

Hate it, I'm in it to eat. If that deer didn't have antlers on it's head, it'd sure enough be in someone's freezer right now. Why does the size of the antlers make such a difference when it's all about the meat? And no I don't hunt "brown it's down," like I said I hunt to eat. Until the freezer is full as long as it's legal it's fair game, regardless of antlers or not. You can't eat doe tags or antlers, period.
I agree with you. Many people are forced to hunt "Urban" areas because they have no other land or oppurtunitys to hunt land way out in the woods. In my eyes, a deer in an urban area is the same thing as a deer in the deep woods. Just my honest opinion. Yes if I was an urban hunter, I would rather be in the deep woods rather then hunting an urban area, but some dont have those chances.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
Im the,''If its brown its down''hunter,cause i hardly see a deer!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the same boat as you. I've seen three does and I've killed three does. But I wouldn't take it because of lack of seeing deer, I would because pictures don't fill the freezer. On a side note, I'd shoot the doe if I had a tag or it was a doe day. Can't beat two for one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.