Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Turkey decoys for deer ?

Old 10-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Spike

Default Turkey decoys for deer ?

I have tried different types of deer decoys (Featherflex bedded doe, Montana doe and Renzo buck. Most of the deer I have observed seem to lockup once they see the decoy. They seem to know something is wrong. While turkey hunting I have had deer come in to my decoys several times. Although a little skittish they seem much more comfortable and inquisitive about the turkey decoys. They will most often almost touch them. I think I am going to give them a try next time out. Has anyone tried them for deer? Also as far as deer decoys go. Do you find that buck decoys seem to work better than doe decoys?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Spike

I have never hunted with a deer decoy. While Turkey hunting though i have had deer walk right up to my turkey dekes. maybe its a confidence booster?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try it,and let us know how they work!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had much luck with deer decoys. Big Momma does are especially not inclined to be friendly to such. I did (one time) arrow a young buck that was checking out a bedded doe I put out and laced with esterous scent. I'm thinking the turkey decoys may have somewhat of a calming effect and thus might be beneficial. It's worth a try. Good luck.