Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone use Tinks hot bomb scents? >

Anyone use Tinks hot bomb scents?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone use Tinks hot bomb scents?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone use Tinks hot bomb scents?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

So I saw these at Wal-Mart tonight and thought I'd pick one up. Anyone use them? Have any luck with it or was it a waste of money? How should I use it? I will be getting in a wooden stand that is like a little stand built up on the air in the middle of a field. Should I hang it from a tree or place it on the edge of the woods or should I hang it on my stand 100 yards or so away from the edge of the woods?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion is that it's another gimmick. Unless your weather is extremely dry and the deer have a cold or something pluggin' up their nose, maybe the added scent will reach their nasals. LOL!

Kidding aside, I believe it will cast more lure out down wind, but if a buck smells it 80 yards away, will it be enough to entice him to work it? Not sure. Since deer already have great olfactory senses, just a bit of lure goes a long ways already. And yes, in colder weather scent doesn't travel as well in the air, but in these conditions, one should naturally use more lure to compensate.

If it were me, I would just put the #69 on a scent-wick, licking branch or in the dirt of a real or mock scrape and let the wind currents do it's job.

Since you bought one, it won't hurt anything. I'd just hang it somewhere where you want the deer to be or right in a scrape...provided it's clean of your hand odor.

iSnipe
Old 10-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

the only dif i can see is it won't freeze in real cold weather, and with that it dispenses the scent better.
I've always used Tinks and would try it when temps are below 32.