Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
This is the stuff that gives hunters a bad image >

This is the stuff that gives hunters a bad image

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is the stuff that gives hunters a bad image

Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Spike

Default This is the stuff that gives hunters a bad image

This guy is a moron. I think he should accually due time for having his kid in the car.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/839828.html
Old 10-26-2009, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

They need to update the title to the article, he is not a hunter he is a poacher.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Thats nothing unusual. It happens alot more than you would think. The warden catches quit a few around here every year for the same thing. It must have been a slow news day for it to make the paper.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job by the actual hunter in the treestand who called the law. That's really all we can do. Make sure we report it when something like that happens.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Thats horrible some people are just stupid
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horrible....sounds like he may do some time anyways.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

I don't agree at all with this guy breaking the law, or doing it in front of his kid. Having said that, I don't really see any reason to do anything other than fine him and hopefully teach him not to do it again, so that he will teach his kid. Good job to the hunter who turned in the poacher. But how many agencies had to get involved to bring this guy to justice? Did I read that 3 different agencies were on the scene to apprehend a guy who committed a minor infraction? Wow! It must have been a slow crime day too. How many man hours is it really worth to taxpayers to bring in a guy who committed a game law infraction? Probably to feed his kid, and because he couldn't wait for rifle season. Real bad idea sure, crime of the century no. He should have stolen food from a grocer if he were that desperate and the cops, being away on yet another deer poaching call, never would have caught him. Maybe it's more serious in that state, or whitetails are endangered there?
I know that they have to catch someone now and then to set an example and keep guys who are trying to follow the rules from being tempted, but this just seems excessive and a true waste of time.
But since they wasted all that time and money to catch up to these guys, I hope they fine them both enough to pay for the State Troopers, Dept. of Consevation Officers, and County Mounties for being there, not to mention the hours of paperwork each agency will have to do, so the county prosecuter can throw the case out or recommend the minimum fine because they have better things to do. I bet jay walkers in that area have to watch out for helicopters with night vision and heat seeking missiles!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

Get a rope !
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Spike

I get so sick of people thinking they can do whatever they want while the rest of us wait for years to shoot a nice buck. They think they can just shoot one from their car and call it good. grrrrr........ hate people like that. Serious god complex issues
Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

that sounds about right

im from them neck of the woods..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.