Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Score him

Old 10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

id say 145. hopefully you can get a shot at him
Old 10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking the mid 140's but hard to tell for sure with just the one pic.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Spike

Thats the best picture I have of him I have some that show his length better but not spread.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by crokit
Not sure why that wouldn't be considered hunting: being in the right place at the right time when a buck is bumped. In reality, that's all it ever REALLY is, no matter how good someone thinks they are. The more time you spend in the woods hunting, the better the chance that that bumped buck comes your way.
I hear you on that .... But what I am saying is in baited areas like I live and was forced to hunt in until I'd had enough of it ,,you will not get any bumping either or a very slim chance of it as most bait pilers are not pushing deer,... They spend great efforts to bait after dark. and very discreately.. or use the exact same path ,,, and during the gun season many never leave their heated towers... So the theory of sitting a exit route hoping for someone else to bump you a deer and then it has to be that deer is always possible I suppose. But in the bait state of WI .. very few deer get bumped like they use to back in the pre bait frenzy days...

I have studied forums for a long time on guys posting trail cam pics... Very rarely do you see nice deer on trail cams at bait piles during the day... Yes it happens I am sure... But once baited regularly... Your chance of changing that pattern your bait pile has just created is slim at best...I mean I suppose if you have 10,000 acres like in Texas where there are 40 -70 deer per square mile when with out feeding them there would be very few deer to start with and you have the only rights to hunt the property that sustains its herd by year round protein and corn feeders .. You can see the daylight activity as the deer have no pressure... But once the pressure associated with replenished bait pile activity daily in most cases is applied deer especially older deer become 110% nocturnal in a couple of weeks making them basically unhuntable unless you can hunt with a light that is.. ...

This then leaves you with your sit as much as you can sit theory and hope for some one to muuch you that deer

But yes taking a deer someone else muuched to you I suppose is considered hunters luck I guess... I can agree on that
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

150 im guessing
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Spike

Just jumped two deer up where I thought he was bedding went in to put a string on my climber and off they went. I think one of them was him.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Spike

I'd have to say around mid 140's. Nice buck
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

140 to 145
Old 10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Around 140 is my guess. He'd score a shot behind the front shoulder if I had a chance.