Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do You Know Of A Lure That Draws Deer In? >

Do You Know Of A Lure That Draws Deer In?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do You Know Of A Lure That Draws Deer In?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Special Golden Estrous seems to work well for husband and I
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by TNGal
Special Golden Estrous seems to work well for husband and I
The title of my thread is a misnomer, because really, I'm not looking for an individual lure, as it may imply.

What I am after is getting feedback as to the specifics of what a whitetail does after it encounters the smell of the lure, more specifically, has it been drawn in away from where it was originally headed? A good example is the deer grazing along and hitting the scent stream, of which can be easily verified by it's reaction, then taking a 90° turn and work it's way directly towards the lure.

When you say SGE seems to work well for you two, what specifically does that mean?

Thanks,

iSnipe
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Spike

Default Lure

Proper scents and patience lures the deer in. One secret that my grandfather had was his pipe, he used to always smoke his pipe when he was in his stand, one day he found that the deer loved a particular tobacco scent, they wouldnt stop coming. This was in Big Rapids michigan...... want to know what it was?