Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer hunter satisfaction survey >

Deer hunter satisfaction survey

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunter satisfaction survey

Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 - PA for deer.. too much to post to back it up so I wont even get started..
Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

3 for Missouri and it should be more. Deer management, and size of deer tops IA and KS easily in my book, but best of all are the low resident tag prices, over the counter tags for everyone, multiple seasons and you can use most any weapon known to man. I dislike hunting IA because of the tags are too high even for residents, I don't care to hunt with shotguns, although you can hunt with muzzleloaders, and modern rifles in some of the Southern counties, but only for doe's the last I checked. IA,and KS definitely rate a 3 also for big deer and great hunting. There are just enough differences to make them less desireable to me. I have land to hunt in IA too, with huge bucks, but it just isn't worth my time. But it's the out of state tag and the, shotgun hunting that keeps me from it. I live right on the line and would love to hunt with friends in IA, but they preffer to hunt down here with me so they can use their rifles.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Typical Buck

Have to agree with the others that PA bear and turkey would get a 3 ranking, tough to beat PA birds and bears. Deer gets a 1 overall...although there are a FEW areas where hunting is better recently, until the powers that be make significant changes, they'll have to keep that low ranking. Just think. If our deer program had hunter satisfaction anywhere near the turkey and bear programs, PA would be hard to beat.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

I'd give Iowa a 3
Overall the DNR is doing a pretty good job of managing the statewide herd, there are a few minor tweaks that need to be done but that's the way with just about everything. Wish they would quit releasing mountain lions, oh wait that's just a rumor going around every time there's a report of a sighting here. ha ha ha ha

Don
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

I cant believe no one has posted for WI yet but here it goes. For deer WI gets a -1. The last five years or so the goal of the dnr has been to eradicate the deer herd. Five years ago you would see a minimum two deer a sit. This year I have sat 11 times and only seen deer five of those. That is in agricultural country, up north in the big woods I was the only guy in my camp to even see a deer. Yet my area is still in a "herd control unit." If the dnr had its way there would be permanent EAB regulations and no one would see any deer. For some reason the dnr views deer as a nuisance that needs to be eradicated. There are five times as many wolves as the dnr is willing to admit there is and three times as many bears. Now that there has been enough public outcry to end EAB, they want to put the gun season and the peak of the rut and make it twice as long so not only will there be no deer but the quality of bucks will plummet. They also want to fill the whole month of October up with special does only hunts just to make sure people can shoot the last doe or two on their land. If the dnr does not allow the population to make a comeback I will be saving my money and going to hunt in Iowa next year.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Pa - POOOR, see 100 huters a week and if lucky 3 deer a week
WV-3-GOOOOOOOOD, ! hunter a week and 40 deer a day

Last edited by cardeeer; 10-19-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Spike

1= poor system needs overhauled hunting should be better.

IL sucks and alot of stuff here really needs to change.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Pennsyvania, = 1= poor system needs overhauled hunting should be better.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

2- IL

I agree IA and KS have a great thing going because of their systems.

A bigger disappointment for me is the property we currently hunt, I think if I were hunting a better area/property where guys managed the area better, ie neighbors etc...I wouldn't have much of a problem with the state's management, but then again, maybe if the state would do what they should, individuals would have to work less hard to get the same affect.

I'd like to see earn a 2nd buck tag in our state..., perhaps limiting out of state tags as opposed to no limit currently? if needed that is, not too sure.

Less multiple gun seasons, I think make december gun season, use which you prefer, no pistol, muzzzleloader, shotgun, youth, etc... season.

Check stations were nice too.

Am somewhat disappointed in general, think I may start just booking an outfitted hunt in IA every 2-3yrs, let them worry about keeping trespassers etc..off their property, cause a few guys on a lease with a bad landowner certainly can't, also neighbors who shoot anything that moves.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give Louisiana a 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.