HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer hunter satisfaction survey
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Northport buckslayr
Fork Horn

I cant believe no one has posted for WI yet but here it goes. For deer WI gets a -1. The last five years or so the goal of the dnr has been to eradicate the deer herd. Five years ago you would see a minimum two deer a sit. This year I have sat 11 times and only seen deer five of those. That is in agricultural country, up north in the big woods I was the only guy in my camp to even see a deer. Yet my area is still in a "herd control unit." If the dnr had its way there would be permanent EAB regulations and no one would see any deer. For some reason the dnr views deer as a nuisance that needs to be eradicated. There are five times as many wolves as the dnr is willing to admit there is and three times as many bears. Now that there has been enough public outcry to end EAB, they want to put the gun season and the peak of the rut and make it twice as long so not only will there be no deer but the quality of bucks will plummet. They also want to fill the whole month of October up with special does only hunts just to make sure people can shoot the last doe or two on their land. If the dnr does not allow the population to make a comeback I will be saving my money and going to hunt in Iowa next year.