Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do you like to hunt

Old 05-30-2003, 04:51 AM

Default RE: Why do you like to hunt

CHEAP THERAPY! Anytime life gets me down, all I have to do is go into the woods and Im healed.[:-]

Sniff, Sniff, I need a hug.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

its relaxing time to myself and it gives me time to sit and think......also the challenge is awesome
Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 PM

Why I like hunting:
1. Getting up at 3:00am and stubbing my toe on bed!!
2. 3:30am cookin b' fast for a bunch of ugly guys that show up smelling like pine trees, fox pee, doe pee... and dirt!!!
3. 4:00am getting in the woods for my morning mile or two walk when I can' t see a thing except this little spot from my mini-mag. Usually a branch in the eye before I get where I' m goin!!!
4. Sweatin my butt off to get into a tree where I can sit and rest for awhile... and if I really like the tree I may just sit in it all day!!!
5. cussing at myself cuz 3 deer walk by the other tree I was thinking about resting in!!!
6. Shooting a deer just about dark and spending half the night with these ugly, stinky guys finding, dressing and dragging this deer to the truck.
7. Getting home in time to call into work cuz I' m just too tired... but the call of the wild is stronger so guess we' ll do it all over again!!!!!!!!

Anything beats workin... but if this is not heaven everyday you hunt then what is!!??[8D]
Old 06-05-2003, 04:06 AM

All of the above plus I have an unnatural urge to kill & with my wife been the only other person around i' m & she is better off if I go hunting!!!!!! [&:] LOL....Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 06-05-2003, 10:05 AM

CHEAP THERAPY! Anytime life gets me down, all I have to do is go into the woods and Im healed.
ditto!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:38 AM

My dad always told me that deer ,especially bucks were evil creatures . And going to steal my car ,rob my wife,take household items......possibly my first born, if I let my guard down. As such, I feel it is my duty to protect my family and kill those suns a guns !! I am particularly fond of watching an arrow pass through the ribcage of a mature buck ! My son sleeps easier at night that way!!

Good Hunting !!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:01 PM

this is one i can answer. i just like to be out with nature. and i like venison.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t know why I like it. Its just something that I have to do and can' t do without. Ever since as a kid I had to be in the woods or on the water. Fishing ,Hunting Trapping. Camping or Just taking a Walk
Old 06-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well it use to be to become a part of nature again, an escape from the pressures of day to day life, relax, and to get some venison.
Now the main joy I find in hunting is the looks in my twins eyes as I teach them how to hunt, to see their thrill in hearing a buck grunt back at Dads grunts as it follows the both of us through the woods back to our truck. To see the thrill in their eyes as we load up a deer in the bed of the truck, and the expereince of them helping/learning how to dress a deer, hang it, skin it, and butcher it.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Why do you like to hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.