Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do you think this decoy would work? >

Do you think this decoy would work?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you think this decoy would work?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Question Do you think this decoy would work?

This morning I was just browsing Cabela's seeing what they had. I stumbled across this somewhat funny piece of hunting equipment. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...835&hasJS=true
Now I know they say it is made for waterfowl, but I just wondered if it would work for deer. I am not saying I would rush out and buy some of this stuff. I am skeptical something like this would work for deer, but who knows. Maybe get some sort of corn cover scent and a pile of this stuff. Baiting without the bait. If you live in a state that outlaws baiting, you could have your pile of corn while still keeping it legal. Heck this might actually cut down some of the baiting debate on here, but I doubt that.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

um no!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like the best decoy I ever did see. Does it come in extra cheese scent too?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I thought everyone would jump at the chance to solve the great bait debate. I guess I was wrong.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default decoy

I wanted to take a bite soon as i seen it!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

wow...............
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you want it to work? I don't get it. ??

Say you are not around. You left the fake corn and deer come upon it while you are gone. If they are around corn, then they will know or think they know what it is. They walk up to it, maybe give it a sniff or just pick it up. Right then the jig is up and they most likely won't get fooled again.

Now the fake corn is out there. Either you placed the corn and left it or you just set it down right now before your hunt. A deer sees it and goes to investigate. However, if a deer is close enough to see the corn on the ground, then theoretically, if the corn were NOT there, he's there anyway... within shooting distance of where you are. So then the corn really didn't matter.

Now if you are bowhunting or using a gun, perhaps setting the fake corn in a strategic position to offer the shot you're looking for while he stops, then that would be an advantage and use for it.

Since several states do not allow baiting of deer, it's an alternate. There might be some info out there if someone wanted to make their own fake corn though.

Have fun out there!

iSnipe
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may be boilermaker85's reply with the icons that messed up the thread's horizontal shift. Now sure, just saying. It's not fun scrolling so much. LOL!

iSnipe