Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer stand snacks

Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Spike

I like to take peanutbutter or cheese crackers. Only thing is to take them out of their original package and put them in a ziplock baggie. Otherwise it seems as though unwrapping them from their original packaging is the noisest thing I can do. Wash it down with bottled water.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

usually i take some water and some fruit bars
Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Trailmix, jerky, and big gatorades. The gatorades have two purposes,first hydration, then the bottles are used for scent control and to stuff other small trash into. Some might go on to use them as targets after season, but I just pack them out and give em a toss into the dumpster at my after huntin beer stop.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

To be honest with me anything i can find i think i might want lmao!!!... But usually just water, a pepsi after im there for a while and want something other than water, snickers, and couple of apples!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Spike

anything from granola bars to peanut m&ms to mini muffins. i dont know if its just me... but it seems like everytime i take a snack break in the stand i see deer. Two seasons ago i actually shot a buck with m&ms in my mouth. but as for drinks i usually go with powerade or water
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same as Cleavland and bananas,I like them.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Spike

Pop, jurky, sandwitches, candy ect ect
Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Depends on the part of the season, start of the season I usually only have some poptarts (in a ziplock bag of course) and my coffee and some water. By rut I've got sandwiches, chips and poptarts and jerky and coffee and more water...I kinda don't like to be hungry when I'm hunting.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Dang, I thought I was the only one to bring PB&J samitches into the woods. It was my secret weapon!!! It never fails that a deer will come out right in the middle of my eatiing my peanut butter and jelly samitche. Then I have to set it down and pick up my bow......you know.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Spike

I always get worried about bringing things that smell strongly like jerky, coffee, etc. into the woods. I can't believe how many people actually do that! i always stick to something natural like apples.