Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ok 6 pt....

Old 09-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Spike

Default Ok 6 pt....

I have got quite a few pictures of this guy and I think i'm going to try to get my wife on him during the muzzleloader season. She has never shot a racked buck before. Do ya'll think I should let her shoot him or try to let him grow another year or two. I think the deer is only 2 1/2. There is only 78 acres that i can hunt in this area and I think if i let him go someone else will shoot him....THIS IS EASTERN NC FOR YA!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ok 6 pt....-picture-014.jpg   Ok 6 pt....-picture-016.jpg   Ok 6 pt....-picture-045.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

that is a trophy 6 around here!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking 6!! my dad has a huge 6 lke that but it doesnt have brow tines.... I guess it all depends on what you want, if it were up to me i would let her try and if she doesnt get em o well you tried ya know..

Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gamewarden1
Do ya'll think I should let her shoot him...?
Well, yeah! Duh! That's a good 6pt. Your post ticks me off because I had a nice 6 point bow kill like that once and gave some meat to a close friend of mine along with the head. After I asked for it, he said he didn't know he should have kept the rack! So being reminded of that makes me sour. LOL!

Nice 6. You should ask her if she would like a chance at him. ?? Big 6's like that are not all that common 'round here.

Nice pics.

iSnipe
Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Spike

Defenitely let her shoot it thats a nice buck
Old 10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

He'd make a pretty cool trophy! Good luck with him
Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

He's a shooter in my opinion but I know of some counties in MO that have had antler restrictions requiring at least one side to have four points.