Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 monsters

Old 09-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

I don't see anything wrong with the pic. but I live when everyone isn't so sensitive and worried about offending a cry baby. We also still ride around with deer in the truck bed with the tailgate down. I had a woman move in across the street 2 yr ago and she called the cops and told them I was hanging dead animals in my tree. They came out checked out my buck then walked over to her house and told her this was in the south and she might as well get used to it.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

People are so affixed to TV hunting nowadays... Most people don't have a clue about cleaning a deer. It only looks offensive to those people who are not oriented with cleaning a deer. There is nothing wrong with the picture. Clean carcasses and two deer heads. You cannot see the back of the head where the deer was cut. C'mon people give the man a break. Quit crying - this is not TV land. What do you think people do when they go on hunts way out in the savannas and gorges. They cannot return with a whole animal. Usually, they take the antlers and a piece of the loin and the rest goes to the other wildlife. NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS POST.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 99 jeep
Hey, sorry all i CANT DELELTE the darn thing i said sorry for the head shot. What am i suppose to do to erase the picture, further more when i dressed him 200pds of meat went to the freezer, Im sorry i could not afford the 600 dollar mount like so many others do. But i did a skull mount If it was ok with yous. Now i dont like it on here anymore than the ones knocking my picture so please get a mod to erase it already. P.S 2007.............correct
Dude dont let these blow hards spoil your hunt or the pride you took. Congrats on a couple of sweet bucks and great hunting to ya. If it really bothers you, take a little time to take a posed picture. Personally, your shot says deer camp to me, I felt right at home.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
nice bucks-but honestly i would never post a pic like that!!! That is so degrading to your animal and the hunting community. I would be ashamed!! Sorry but thats the truth!!

Cmon you hang a deer and butcher it what is wrong with the picture? Yes the headless deer is a bit much but its part of the process. Not everyone has time to sit and take pictures for 3 hours. If its warm you have to get them hanging and dont have time for all the pictures. Dont be such a wuss.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking post again plz

wish ya left it up here...maybe u could post it again huh?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

I just dont understand, some ppl might like the pics some dont i didnt see any harm. Yes it was our hunt camp and yes we hang deer there skin them and the butchering our self im so sorry you saw a skinned deer, Id hate to see you at the canadian border when our counter parts are bringing truck loads of caribou or sporting a bear or a moose, i dont see the slamming there but no hard feelings guys. Ill post better pics next time.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

sorry baked apperently some ppl were tramatized.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 99 jeep
I just dont understand, some ppl might like the pics some dont i didnt see any harm. Yes it was our hunt camp and yes we hang deer there skin them and the butchering our self im so sorry you saw a skinned deer, Id hate to see you at the canadian border when our counter parts are bringing truck loads of caribou or sporting a bear or a moose, i dont see the slamming there but no hard feelings guys. Ill post better pics next time.
First off i again want to congratulate you on your deer they were great bucks. Im sorry if i came across harsh. I fully realize that killing and "gore" for lack of a better word are part of hunting. I work on a farm where we raise fallow and red deer for slaughter-and have been processing all deer here for 15 years!! I have no problems with blood and guts!!! I also process all my own deer and do other hunters deer during the season. My garage has looked like yours many a nite. My point was that i would not choose to post a pic like that in fear of casting a negative cloud on hunting. Antis already have a horrific attitude of our sport and i think a pic like that is just something else for them to justify there feelings and prove their point. That was all- you have every rite to take any kinda pic you like. I dont think it was real classy but that wasnt the point. I was not scarred or appauled at the sight of dead deer. I was more concerned who might see your pic that doesnt understand our sport. If it offends some folks that do hunt imagine what it does to someone who doesnt. That was my point. again i am sorry if it seemedf like i was being harsh-and again congrads on your bucks.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

"My point was that i would not choose to post a pic like that in fear of casting a negative cloud on hunting. Antis already have a horrific attitude of our sport and i think a pic like that is just something else for them to justify there feelings and prove their point."

Some of you folks just wont ever get it. No matter how you represent hunting to antis they will hate what you do. For those on the fence undecided, some will fall to irrational anti like thinking, some will realize beef dont grow on trees.

While I certainly understand the thought that "cleaning it up" makes for a gentler presentation, what you are basically admitting to by following this trend is that there is something inherently gross, or wrong about what we do as hunters and meat eaters.

Like I said looked like deer camp to me a place I love to be! Sorry you bent to the pressure and deleted it to be frank. This BS of hiding the true nature of our sport for political correctness is stupid if you ask me. What we do is kill and eat meat. I am good with that. If someone else isn't they can go to the grocery store buy a rib eye and pretend it comes from trees.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

While I certainly understand the thought that "cleaning it up" makes for a gentler presentation, what you are basically admitting to by following this trend is that there is something inherently gross, or wrong about what we do as hunters and meat eaters.
Im not admitting there is something gross or wrong with hunting at all!! I just do not see how posting a pic of two guys holding decapitated deer heads puts a positive light on our sport. I do subscribe to your attitude that no matter what i do antis will still find fault with hunting but that being said i do not have to provide them more material to fuel their argument!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.