Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 09-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Patrick Eubanks
I love the show. I clear my schedule every Friday night and enjoy the reruns as well.
He took an average patch of dirt and grew some monsters by giving them the right beans. It should serve as an inspiration to others as to what that 2-1/2 year 8 pointer will become if he is fed and protected. I would love to go out and help him with his cull bucks. While we are here on the internet wasting time bashing his show, hes out managing deer and setting up food plots.
I watched him on a hunt in Kansas last week and he practices what he preaches on other properties as well. He let a couple go that I would have put the smoke pole on. He ended up with a buck on the last day of the hunt, scoring in the 180's from about 300 yards from a shooting stick. Yea you keep telling yourself that David Morris cant hunt. He can hunt my farm anytime. I could use some pointers on how to get that monster out of the cut-down.
What are you? His dad? Or his paid employee?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Spike

I think as long as we all understand that most hunting shows now are "entertainment". We can sit and enjoy them. There are very few shows out there that if you watch them will make you a better hunter. But there are some that will give you tatics to use.
I dont agree with the direction the hunting industry is going but I also dont hold it against these "pro's" who have found a way to make a living.
But... it's for sure not reality hunting for me. I dont have a $100k bus, a $15k buggy, $700 camo suit 0r a $1200 bow. But I still manage to kill a deer every year.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Todd1700
What are you? His dad? Or his paid employee?
Hahaha... talk about "groundless shots"...
Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

I enjoy the show as well,they all have faults just like us all. No hunting show is pefect but I think The Professionals is a hunting show with a totally different feel to it. In my opinion they are hunters of the first order because they get out there with their clients and suffer very harsh conditions and danger,danger,danger. Cool1.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

Personally, I enjoy the show. I get to see lots of big bucks in the process. David seems to be a man of character and I appreciate the opportunity to see the ranch, albeit from a distance.

What he has, he worked for, and I think the man deserves it. Any everyone who reads this if they could do it, would have the same little piece of paradise too, though many might not admit it.

Of course, my hunting paradise would be in Illinois if I was blessed with the means to have one!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

No Im not an employee. Im just a fan of the show and wanted to put a positive light on an otherwise negative thread. He, just like us has a passion for whitetail deer and should at least be somewhat supported on a whitetail hunting forum. There arent any rules on here about differing opinions are there?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are lots of folks who like to dress up their envy as righteous indignation...
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike

Default Wtf?

Oh my God. So I am watching this stupid show tonight and did a Google search and this is the site El Cazador brought me to. Then I started reading these posts. So, a TV show like this is really good for the hunting community huh? This David guy is a typical red neck whack job. I mean wow. So him and Jeff admitted that this is a dream deal, but so what?

God, I so hope South Dakota does not come this high fence, redneck, brown its down, country club like so much of this country is becoming. Hey, how about this? How about 100 of the richest guys in the fricken country buy up all the good hunting land and keep it to themselves OR charge $10,000 a day to hunt it. Then lets see where hunting goes. This is fricken nuts and I can't stand shows like this.

Oh yeah, buy the way, there are tons of deer like that in South Dakota and no, we do not conduct these whack job, feeding plot outfits like down south. Thank God!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default Good luck growing the world largest buck Morris

South Texas Bucks used to be the king in Texas but not anymore. Tecomate's El Cazadores Ranch is strugglng to keep up and they are at the point that they have to criticize other ranchs for being high fenced or improvement that includes accelerated genetic enhancement programs that grow more monster bucks quicker than the soon to be archaic system at ElCazadores. Morris realizes this but he has cut his nose off to spite his face. In other words he has criticized what is the future of growing big bucks through genetic enhancement so many times he would like a fool to start doing the same. I'll bet that within the next ten years he will be High Fenced and will have purchased super genetic quality bucks to release on his ranch. The problem for him is that by that time there will be super bucks all over Texas in High fence ranchess who are on the forfront ofthe last frontier of growing great Bucks. He is letting his ego gets in his way. Good luck growing the worlds largest buck on your ranch.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default Whatever

I have watched these hunting shows for many, many years and have come to only one conclusion......the people on them are not hunters they are shooters. Anybody can put out an attractant and shoot a deer it's that simple. I live in the state of Maine and by law can't do that it's called BAITNG. Here in this state once you drive a few hour north the chance of shooting a "monster buck" are greatly deminished, not becauce there not here but because the deer population is around 1.8 deer per square mile. Now dont get me wrong if by chance your lucky enough to get a shot at a good buck chances are it will be in excess of 250lbs. The problem is it might not happen like it does on tv. I am luck that I have a camp and can go hunting for these deer but I dont get a chance at a wall hanger every year....wish I did. PLEASE help me put the word out if these so called "BIG BUCK" hunters are up for a challenge I would welcome them with open arms to come to my neck of the woods and see how they fare actually hunting for a big ole swamp buck thats very far and fewand in between. NO CAMERAS, NO DEER FEED PUT OUT TO ATTACT JUST THEIR OWN SMARTS CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.