Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mount Price's?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

quality cost money, my guy charges $615 for a shoulder mount, but your getting a musuem quality mount, and depending on the time of year when you bring your game in, it can take from 8 months to well over one year. Plus he does work for musuems all over the world
Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

remember shop for the artists not the mount...youre paying him...the less you pay the less quality that is going to go into the mount....think of it like getting a tattoo
Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

$250 -$425 around here in Ga.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I paid $295 for mine last year. I saw some of his work before hand and couldn't figure out why he charged so low. All of his work was good that I saw so I went with him. My deer came out great. I did have to drive 2 hours to pick it up but well worth it. I figured he charged so low because he worked out of his garage/office. I'll try to get a picture up of it in the next few days.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

$525 here in upstate NY-you can find cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I payed $500 for a shoulder mount in '06. I'd share a pic but with the new set up here I don't know how. It was easy before they changed everything.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do your research on taxidermists! They are a dime a dozen. You should expect to pay between $400 and $500 for the highest quality mounts from award winning taxidermists. Beware of the shady garage type part-time guys, remember.... you get what you pay for! Also, remember this is something you will have to stare at for the rest of your life. Good luck with your trophy search
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would probably have to say that average would be about $350. we pay $300 for ours
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

i find there are new guys ,just starting out that do mounts for a cheap price trying to get business then there are guys that have grown there business to the max and are charging more per mount. then you have the guy that has been doing it for years and years and get a small fortune to do any mount. i've also learned that the highest priced taxidermist may not always be the best . i've seen some young guys that do great work for way to little pay. bottom line is you must shop around and really take a close look at a taxidermist work. look at his work thats 10 years old if at all possible.

personally i never pay for my mounts,we trade work. i make all of my taxidermist wooden bases ,made to order. he does my work as i need it. this past season i got to deer mounts and a full body mount bear in trade.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Spike

definitely check their recent work before you spend anything. around here 350-450 is normal