Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

eliminating scent

Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

Question eliminating scent

bought new high effiecent washer,it say's to only use he detergent.What can I use to wash my hunting clothes in now?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

almost all scent detergent is HE is, or at least the ones I have seen are.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know HS and Scent Killer detergent is HE.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like sales blather to me. Who is selling the detergent it reccomends, the manufacturer of the washer? The only circumstance I've ever run into where the detergent was a factor was when a water softener was in use, and then it was simply reducing the amount of detergent to avoid foaming. Sportwwash, and all of the competing scent free brands, are rated for all washer types.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Spike

The HE is just the concentration of the soap b/c those washers dont use that much water. I found a laundry detergent that is scent free and hypoallergenic and it is not made by any of scent elimination brands... its ALL brand and its HE it works like a charm no scent and you get a hell of a lot more for less. Give it a try.