Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Be Thankful

Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
tf
Spike

Default Be Thankful

This may not be the proper place but I'm going to share it with you anyway. I recently discovered that a friend of is battling a brain tumor. He has been placed in a nursing home at 44 years of age. I was hanging a stand today and enjoying nature when I realized I take these little moments for granted. We aren't promised tomarrow, so we should enjoy and appreciate every opportunity we can, especially us outdoors people and hunters. I thought of my friend laying in a bed and never getting an opportunity again like I had today.. Please be thankful, love your family, and let's take care of one another. God bless you all and good luck this hunting season.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by tf View Post
This may not be the proper place but I'm going to share it with you anyway. I recently discovered that a friend of is battling a brain tumor. He has been placed in a nursing home at 44 years of age. I was hanging a stand today and enjoying nature when I realized I take these little moments for granted. We aren't promised tomarrow, so we should enjoy and appreciate every opportunity we can, especially us outdoors people and hunters. I thought of my friend laying in a bed and never getting an opportunity again like I had today.. Please be thankful, love your family, and let's take care of one another. God bless you all and good luck this hunting season.
tf, also post it in the Religion Forum!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a good friend that was diagnosed with brain tumors almost two years ago. He went to hospitals in Pensacola, Houston, Chicago and Birmingham for treatments, but died about 18 months later. He was told in the beginning he would have about 6 months. Great guy that is missed by all that knew him.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well stated. I know for me, back when I was young and bulletproof, I took alot for granted and took some serious risks. Now as I'm getting older, and sometimes wiser, I try to slow down and enjoy much more of the outdoor experience beyond the catch or kill. It takes examples like the one above to remind me what is really important and how fleeting our time can be.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

i have a uncle thats 75 ,he was told he had a huge tumor under his brain and it can't be removed. its almost the same as ted kennedy had only that can't get to it. he was told he'd be lucky to live 3-4 months,that was in march of 08, i did all of his mowing for him last year while he took 30 days of radiation and kemo every month for 4 days. the doctors don't really know whats keeping him going but he's been mowing his own yard and driving again all summer . he says now that he may live to be 100. i hope he's right.......
Old 08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

tf,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep him in my prayers.

My FIL was given only a few moths to live due to brain cancer. He lived 5 years. I wish I could have known him better. I hear he was a real character and I saw a bit of it myself but you always want more in some way.

I have to agree with you though about appreciating the things around you more, even the people in your lives. I'm living on borrowed time as it is... like a new lease on life after a near death experience. I can say I'm not the same person I was but a better, more patient, caring and grateful person for all the things I do have.

Life should never be taken for granted though. Many prayers for your buddy though.