Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Thermacell Scent affecting deer? >

Thermacell Scent affecting deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thermacell Scent affecting deer?

Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thermacell Scent affecting deer?

I just purchased one and my questions are, does the scent affect deer and should I use the earth scent refills??? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never seen a deer reacted to mine before and I always use mine when I'm hunting the bottoms. We have thousands and thousands of acreas of rice here where I live so you can just imagine how many skeeters that would add up to.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had a chance to try it on deer yet but it seems to have no adverse affect on hogs.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Spike

Used it every time I hunt here in SC and it has had no effect at all. I know guys that hunt in shorts and t shirt in the early season and they use it religiously. Never heard and bad news about it or any complaints. I know one thing it works and keeps them bugs away. Does make the stand area hotter though.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a bear come in and act extra cautious when I used mine last time... then, I turned it off and it came right in about 15 min later.
coincidence? Maybe... not sure...