Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any idea's on what could do this? >

Any idea's on what could do this?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any idea's on what could do this?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy Any idea's on what could do this?

The guy I hunt on that lives less than 2 miles behind my house had a 600 or 700 pound steer get its nose ripped off a while back.He has quite afew acres probably 200 just right in the general area but some one else owns alot of woods back beside his land and their is enough to hide any kind of animal heck their could be a bigfoot back their and no one would know it.So what I was wondering is what do you think did it I know anything that can rip a big steer's nose off can kill little ol' me espesially since that is just a bow hunten spot...so what do I need to expect and is is bad enough I shoulnt hunt their?Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dunno what natural predators would only go for a cow's nose unless there were other unreported wounds. My first guess would a really big dog.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

UMM i wouldnt stop hunting there. As far as what could rip off the face of a steer, that could be anything. Are you sure it was an animal, and wasnt the steer just getting stuck in an odd spot? If it was an animal, it could be anything from a loose dog to a Mountain Lion, you would have to investigate the bit further, a good way to do that is have the farmer call the local game officals and ask them to bring a biologist by the farm to take a look at the steer. But i wouldnt let it stop you from hunting, i have had grizzlies follow me around for two weeks straight in the back country hunting elk, it didnt stop me from hunting, was i scared? hell yes, but i just made sure i was always ready.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

dude theres no bigfoots! it prob got stuck in a wire fence! the grass is always greener bro. i have spent alot of time hunting arkansas. dude the scariest thing calico rock has is chubby girls with a tooth! lol YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY NOT STOP HUNTING! THERES NOT AN ANIMAL ON THE PLANET THATS NOT SCARED OF U!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

we need proof! Show us a pic of the cow. With a picture of it, i could probably tell ya what done it.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Spike

maybe this guy did it...

Last edited by Rodngun; 08-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

no cause their were claw marks right behind it head the neighbors says it was a big cat trying to suffocate it and the steer got it off but I was wonderen if that is a accurate opinion?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rodngun View Post
maybe this guy did it...

yeah the neighbor said a cougar was more than likely the villian
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

im not sure. but cougars choke there pray buy biting them windpipe shut? either way your just as safe hunting there as u were b4 u knew this! and to proove it!ILL COME HUNT WITH YA! WHATS FOR DINNER?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry for the grammar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.