Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who cant handle gutting a deer? >

Who cant handle gutting a deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who cant handle gutting a deer?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
I can skin one all day long, but when it comes to gutting, I cant stomach it. I can watch it, but I just cant get in there and do it.
Does your Mommy still cut your hamburgers in half at McDonalds???JEEEESH!! Ryhmes with wuzzy!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

You've just gotta br optimistic! I mean, whta better way to warm up cold hands in the morning than a good, warm body cavity? I think it feels pretty good on a real cold day and look fprward too it sometimes. I hate the smell of a gut shot or the feel of a deer left overnight, cold guts suck! But its still not that bad. Has to be done.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Spike

I like to call it Nature's handwarmers!!

my thoughts exactly
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

if you can't stomach a gut shot deer then don't gut shoot it. myself ,i like busted hearts. nothin like openiing one up on a below freezing morning. its a nasty job ,but someone has to do it. i'd just as soon it was me,as long as i shot it.

we used to make the kids taste the blood from there first kill,or paint there faces with blood.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I was raised on a fram & helped my Dad butcher a cow every Fall. Doesn't bother me a bit. If you can't gut it, you shouldn't shoot it! Talked to a guy this weekend who has killed several hogs and deer & NEVER gutted one! He takes the whole thing to a butcher! Here in Florida, I don't think that would do the meat too good!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

I might not like to gut the deer, but every deer I have taken has been gutted by somebody. My hunting buddy is an expert and dressing and processing deer so Ill help him skin it but really, he is just a lot faster if I let him do it all. He can dress and skin a deer in minutes.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Spike

If I am out by myself in on a Wildlife management area or a dif woods from the hunt club I always gut them before I have to drag them out. I like to hunt alone alot and sometimes I get a long ways back in some thick stuff. Can't imagine dragging all that extra weight a mile and 1/2 out throught thick timber. Also even though I am in the south now I have a snow sled. I put the deer on it and use it to drag it out. Makes it easier around all those cypress nuckles and such. When I am at the hunt club all I have to do is throw it in the back of the truck and drive it to the processor just a few mile up the road. I gues it would all depend on the situation for me.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with gutting deer, although I have been around deer skinning racks since I was able to walk. It is the 'sweet' smell of sucess IMO
Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im a farm boy so I've grown up seeing blood and guts. A deer doesnt bother me at all...even a gut shot one. The most stinking animal to me is a quail. Those little suckers stink.....but if I shoot it I clean it.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Field dressing a deer is all part of the hunt. Once that deer is down, it must be dressed asap to cool it down. I have never met anyone who was not able to field drees his/her own deer.

For some, it may not be the most pleasant experince, but it must be done. There's no way around it. Make sure you know what you're doing, ask if you don't, then suck it up and do the right thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.