Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who cant handle gutting a deer? >

Who cant handle gutting a deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who cant handle gutting a deer?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess that as long as you have friends that will let you take advantage of them, you're good-to-go. But what happens if your friend can't hunt with you, or decides that he's done dressing your deer? You'd be SOL.

Better learn how these guys quarter a deer without dressing it, if you can't man-up and do what has to be done yourself.

And that doesn't mean that we can't still think you're a sissy!

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by driftrider
I guess that as long as you have friends that will let you take advantage of them, you're good-to-go. But what happens if your friend can't hunt with you, or decides that he's done dressing your deer? You'd be SOL.

Better learn how these guys quarter a deer without dressing it, if you can't man-up and do what has to be done yourself.

And that doesn't mean that we can't still think you're a sissy!

Mike
if i had to just get the two shoulders, two hams and the backstraps, to keep from gutting the deer myself, ill be ok. and i dont take advantage of nobody. the close friends that i hunt with, that usually gut my deer, get free land to hunt on and nice stands to hunt in provided by me.

and im sure there are things about you that i would consider sissyfied so dont think your more of a man that someone that dont like to gut a deer.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, you're taking this way to personally. I'm just giving you a hard time in good fun (that's why I put the after that statement), so don't get your panties in a twist. Gutting deer isn't something I look forward to, either, but I have a strong stomach, and it's something that has to get done to preserve the meat (and lighten the load on my back).

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by driftrider
Dude, you're taking this way to personally. I'm just giving you a hard time in good fun (that's why I put the after that statement), so don't get your panties in a twist. Gutting deer isn't something I look forward to, either, but I have a strong stomach, and it's something that has to get done to preserve the meat (and lighten the load on my back).

Mike
im trying not to but youre saying that i take advantage of my friends and that im not "man" enough. who wouldnt take that personally.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were your friend, and I felt that you only hunted with me because I'd gut your deer, then I would feel taken advantage of. I guess I don't know the dynamic you have with them, but that's how it appears on the surface.

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's just the type of guys I hang out with, but this kind of razzing is normal, especially when the beer gets flowing. I have one friend that we greet each other with "Hey F****R!." I have a feeling you wouldn't feel very comfortable around my group of friends. So here's the deal... it was a joke. All meant in fun. So relax. Life's too short to get all twisted up over this.

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

i have the same relationship with my friends. its different when it comes from people you dont know. anyway, im over it. lets go huntin.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to know it. I won't let anyone field dress my game. I've seen some field dressing from other hunters and it looked like an abortion with a chain saw and then they wonder why the meat tasted the way it did? DUH!!! Good Luck this year.

Bobby
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Nancy, get your hands in there and get dirty ! Get that sh*t all over the place..........just kiddin, I guess as long your husband will do it for you !
IM TEASING...........
Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

A hunting buddy of mine loves having his hands in a deer and if he is around I let him clean mine. It's hard to stop from snickering while I hold the deers leg up and he does the work but the guy is an artist.!!!