Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which would you rather?

Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Am I going to be the only one to admit they want to see big horns on TV? I could care less about some guy I dont know shooting a 115" 8pt. I could do that myself any time. If I am going watch some clown I've never met deer hunt he better be shooting at some big ones.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe if most people knew what they were watching were canned hunts, they wouldn't watch. These types of shows are PITA fodder, IMHO. Personally, I'd like to see repercussions such as black balling. I follow Centauri sentiments.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

I have to side with hossdaniels on this, while I like the idea of no fences and the little guy scoring. There is something about watching those huge 180+ deer that make me keep coming back for more.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Spike

Once in my life I would like to go to one of the game ranches, but I won't because of the cost; I'll keep doing what I've done for the 20 years. Go to the famliy deer camp an be happy to harvest decent buck or 2. Always happy to get one large rack or not.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

watch an average guy hunt on public land
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to see a guy that i can relate to hunt, I appreciate every answer i got though!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like to watch heartland bowhunters. real guys. when i watched one of their episodes and it showed them setting up their tree stands and prepairing for the season i knew it was a show to watch. and then this week they actually show him missing a huge mulie only for him to take a smaller buck and still be happy with it. great show.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me personally, watching a hunting show is more about entertainment than education. Although, as previously mentioned, some tips can be aquired watching these shows. I guess what it boils down to is that it's more entertaining to watch people shoot big freaks than to hunt public land and harvest (what they consider) average deer.

I really like Jim Shockey's show because it's educational and he is very picky about making sure he hunts free range.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Centauri
I'd rather watch the guy on public land shoot average deer. It actually takes skill to kill those deer, unlike hunting over a feeder and waiting for them to come in.

yeah seriously if you have a feeder and deer come to it everyday its just like well just like cheating now if you found yourself a trail and deer are on it constently i thing that is different because that is natural just my opinion though

i would rather live true chase hunts by the way
Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

I feel the same as most of you other guys. I would much rather watch a homemade, 5 minute clip of a regular guy in a stand or blind get so excited over a doe that comes in that he almost pees his pants then watch any of the tv shows where they kill a monster buck and just get a little "camera excited".
In my honest opinion, these shows have lost what hunting means, at least to me. The opportunity to get out in the woods, put your knowledge and capabilities to the test and try to outsmart one of the most wary animals this continent has to offer! I am not saying that these people dont feel the same way or go through the same motions that us "everyday" hunters do, but they dont show any of it. They focus on the animal and the kill shot. What about all the work that you put in to the hunt before you actually go hunting. Its all done before the camera even gets touched, or someone else does it for them. I want to see a whole hunt, even the scouting. Can you imagine how many people would benifit from a show that shows the ins and outs of scouting? Most people dont know what a scrape looks like or what a white or red oak leaf looks like.
I will stop for now. I could go on and on about this all day.
If I offended anyone, I apologize. This is just the way I feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.