Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Most embarrasing moments

Old 05-09-2003, 08:12 AM

Default Most embarrasing moments

Alright ya' ll. Lets here your most embarrasing moment out in the woods. Im talking about the ones you dont even want to share with your hunting buddies.
I have one that happened several years ago. This took place about mid morning while deerhunting from my stand on public land. The morning urge hit me
(you know the one caused by grapefruit n bagel breakfast and a bumpy drive to the woods), so I climbed down and walked off a ways to find a suitable hole in the ground to do my buisness. I walked about 200 yards and found a nice rotted stump. Perfect. I looked around me and determined that all was clear. While
in mid stream in my sumo wrestler squat, I heard a faint whistle in front of me.
I lifted my head and scanned the woods but didnt see anything. Probally a bird. Just then a little louder cat whistle. I then looked almost straight up . There, not 5 yards from me and 25 ft up in the tree was a woman hunter.[] She had the biggest grin on her face and was holding a gun and a 35 mm camera. Needless to say my blaze orange couldnt out shine my red face.[&:]
Old 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Most embarrasing moments

LOL that is great.. should always look up ... umm i dont have really to many embarassing moments. the only one i can really think of was my first year hunting with my 30 - 30.. we had to cross some fences so my dad told me to unload to be safe... so i did.. then once we got over i put all my bullets back in the gun, except i never chambered one.. so i was hunting and A HUGE doe ran by (and us being meat hunters, that would have been good eating) so i shot and all i heard was a CLICK.. i will never live that one down
Old 05-09-2003, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ben I thought you were going to tell us that you were the original hunter that the story about the bear trap started with.....
Old 05-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ben if you were wearing blaze orange I take it the woman was also and wondered why you did' nt see her.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:11 PM

A couple seasons ago i shot a nice little 8 pt. buck after gutting it out we loaded it on our 3 wheeler and i was driving the deer out of the woods on the 3 wheeler i was driving up a hill and i fliped the 3 wheeler and i was pinned under the 3 wheeler and one of the bucks points poked me in the side. i had to wait under the wheeler until my dad came and pulled it off me.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:54 AM

I think my most embarrising moment was when me and one of my hunting buddies were hunting we walked over a ridge and we saw the biggest buck either of us had ever saw. He told me to shoot and I had one shell left and I shot and I missed him by about a quarter of an inch[:@].
Old 05-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This one isn' t mine, I was just a witness to it, but I didn' t figure anyone would mind if I pass on a " buddy busting" story...a buddy and I were hunting the second weekend of buck season, doing a little still hunting, we dropped down in a muddy creekbed, no water in it that time of year, but still muddier than you' d want to fall in, so we' re walking down it, rifles slung, using it as a portal to a different bedding area, suddenly I hear a whispered explicitive, I turn back to find him standing there with the butt of his rifle in his hand, and the muzzle buried in the mud!!!! His sling had come undone at the forend swivel, and he always walks with his hand under the buttstock, so instead of falling straight down and getting a little dirty, he had to head home to push a 4" plug of mud out of his barrel!!!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 06:51 AM

ben if you were wearing blaze orange I take it the woman was also and wondered why you did' nt see her.
I couldnt spot her as I was approaching because of the tree canopy. When I stepped into the clearing I was practically right under her. I looked into the distance in all directions, but it didnt dawn on me to look up.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had my rattling antlers around my neck. Got to my stand late so I just stayed on the ground and enjoyed the new 4" snowfall. Everything was white. 5 minutes later I hear a buck tending grunt. Around a fallen tree a doe jaunts past a then the biggest deer I have seen presents itself. It stops behind trees so it cannot see me. I have a perfect broadside shot at his vitals 30 yards away. I raise the shotgun to my shoulder and my rattling antlers do not allow a perfect fit. I thought I had the gun lined up and I shoot. I shoot a second time as it turns away and I no longer see it. I check the ground for blood. I notice I shot low the first time and a tree the second time. Two weeks later a trail camera shows him to be well.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

[:@] Lets just say it involved a call to nature, a cactus, and not being able to sit in my blind. Was several years ago and I learned a Valuable lesson.
Rick

Quick Reply: Most embarrasing moments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.