Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Warm weather scent control

Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Spike

Default Warm weather scent control

Hey guys its always been hard here in the south to be scent free and stay cool in October. I was wondering if any of you all have tried ScentLok Savanna and how it works when the temp is above 80. Any other suggestions would be great.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

save your money and practice good scent control, i.e. was clothes in non scented detergent, shower with non scented soaps, use scent eliminator spray and watch the wind.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

I second that!!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
save your money and practice good scent control, i.e. was clothes in non scented detergent, shower with non scented soaps, use scent eliminator spray and watch the wind.

That covers it. Nothing more needed, IMHO...if you don't watch the wind, everything else is for naught.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JUSTIN342987
Hey guys its always been hard here in the south to be scent free and stay cool in October. I was wondering if any of you all have tried ScentLok Savanna and how it works when the temp is above 80. Any other suggestions would be great.
It doesn't.

The best thing to do IMO would be to make sure you take a shower in some kind of scent-killing soap, use A&H scent free anti-persperant, use scent-free foot powder and butt powder, and then wear your specially prepared clothes. Do all of that and play the wind. The most important part of that process would be playing the wind.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someone brought up earth scent thermacell pads a few days ago. Has anyone ever had any success with spraying cover scents on their thermacell pads? The heat on the pads might help cover our odor in hot weather, just an idea.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
Someone brought up earth scent thermacell pads a few days ago. Has anyone ever had any success with spraying cover scents on their thermacell pads? The heat on the pads might help cover our odor in hot weather, just an idea.
They didn't mean spraying anything on the Therma-Cell pad. Therma-Cell actually makes a Fresh Earth scented pad. IMO, it doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled in nature but it works on the skeeters.

Last edited by SWThomas; 07-19-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
i've heard of doing that but never actually tried it. i believe some members on here practice that, see if you can find Huntnma...if my memory serves me right i heard her say she does that.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
They didn't mean spraying anything on the Therma-Cell pad. Therma-Cell actually makes a Fresh Earth scented pad. IMO, it doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled in nature but it works on the skeeters.
I know what they talking about, I was just wondering if anyone ever put any tinks 69 on the regular thermacell pad. Scent control is tough in Florida in September, just sitting there my shirt typically saturates with sweat.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

When it is hot we are going to sweat I wear scent lok and wipe down often with scent free wipes or spray down. Also play the wind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.