HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Warm weather scent control (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/298161-warm-weather-scent-control.html)

JUSTIN342987 07-17-2009 09:41 PM

Warm weather scent control

Hey guys its always been hard here in the south to be scent free and stay cool in October. I was wondering if any of you all have tried ScentLok Savanna and how it works when the temp is above 80. Any other suggestions would be great.

CamoCop 07-18-2009 02:07 AM

save your money and practice good scent control, i.e. was clothes in non scented detergent, shower with non scented soaps, use scent eliminator spray and watch the wind.

SGT.H 07-18-2009 05:36 AM

I second that!!

crokit 07-18-2009 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by CamoCop (Post 3386795)
save your money and practice good scent control, i.e. was clothes in non scented detergent, shower with non scented soaps, use scent eliminator spray and watch the wind.

That covers it. Nothing more needed, IMHO...if you don't watch the wind, everything else is for naught.

SWThomas 07-18-2009 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTIN342987 (Post 3386748)
Hey guys its always been hard here in the south to be scent free and stay cool in October. I was wondering if any of you all have tried ScentLok Savanna and how it works when the temp is above 80. Any other suggestions would be great.

It doesn't.

The best thing to do IMO would be to make sure you take a shower in some kind of scent-killing soap, use A&H scent free anti-persperant, use scent-free foot powder and butt powder, and then wear your specially prepared clothes. Do all of that and play the wind. The most important part of that process would be playing the wind.

Centaur 1 07-18-2009 06:42 PM

Someone brought up earth scent thermacell pads a few days ago. Has anyone ever had any success with spraying cover scents on their thermacell pads? The heat on the pads might help cover our odor in hot weather, just an idea.

SWThomas 07-19-2009 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Centaur 1 (Post 3387175)
Someone brought up earth scent thermacell pads a few days ago. Has anyone ever had any success with spraying cover scents on their thermacell pads? The heat on the pads might help cover our odor in hot weather, just an idea.

They didn't mean spraying anything on the Therma-Cell pad. Therma-Cell actually makes a Fresh Earth scented pad. IMO, it doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled in nature but it works on the skeeters.

CamoCop 07-19-2009 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Centaur 1 (Post 3387175)

i've heard of doing that but never actually tried it. i believe some members on here practice that, see if you can find Huntnma...if my memory serves me right i heard her say she does that.

Centaur 1 07-19-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SWThomas (Post 3387318)
They didn't mean spraying anything on the Therma-Cell pad. Therma-Cell actually makes a Fresh Earth scented pad. IMO, it doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled in nature but it works on the skeeters.

I know what they talking about, I was just wondering if anyone ever put any tinks 69 on the regular thermacell pad. Scent control is tough in Florida in September, just sitting there my shirt typically saturates with sweat. :devil:

RJPOUTDOORS 07-20-2009 04:48 AM

When it is hot we are going to sweat I wear scent lok and wipe down often with scent free wipes or spray down. Also play the wind.