Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Dander

Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Spike

Question Deer Dander

Hi Everyone
Ok so I have read alot about Scent-Blo and other stuff to hide scent.
But what does everyone think about Deer Dander?

Boog
I have a link here on my site
http://www.2womenwhitetaildeerhuntin...ting_Tips.html

Last edited by Boogster; 07-14-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all excited to hear about Deer Dander? What is it? Where do I order
Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Spike

The Fitzgeralds sell this product and promote it as a cover scent: it is supposed to make you smell like a deer. I don't know how effective it is as a cover scent, but I often spray some on my boots when I walk to my stand. Last year three yearlings followed my footsteps directly to my ladder stand (two of them were even sniffing the ladder rungs) while a 6-point came across my trail, stopped like he was hit by a 2 X 4, then slowly began to follow my footsteps.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

i bought and used the deer dander some years back and was never winded more in one season than when i used it. threw it away and have had much better success than when i used it. the only cover scents i use are primetime doe-p and during the rut i also use code blue estrous
Old 07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will leave the deer dander alone. This might sound crazy, but it puts me into anaphylatic shock. You should see how I dress out to clean a deer.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I think I will leave the deer dander alone. This might sound crazy, but it puts me into anaphylatic shock. You should see how I dress out to clean a deer.
Wow! A hunter who's alergic to deer. That stinks. I've used the deer dander. I think its a decent cover scent. I used to spray some on my boots and never noticed deer spooking near me.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I am slightly allergic to them,but not as bad as you. If I touch my face after cleaning them or skinning them I will itch like crazy for a while and will start sneezing so I have to be careful while handling them. But I know 2 different guys who have to wear doctor like face masks and long elbow length gloves and a full length plastic apron when they skin them or they will break out with hives and have trouble breathing. The one guy says that he can tell where deer have been recently in the woods because he is so sensitive to it.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Thumbs up

I've used Deer Dander™ for years and love it. It's hands down the best cover scent I've ever used, and it really does work as a curiosity lure as they advertise. I've had a young buck walk directly toward me from a bedding area twenty yards away, with the wind in his favor, and sniff my ASAT clad ass as I sat waiting for a deer to come by. He didn't know what I was, didn't act threatened in any way, and only bolted when I turned to look at him to make sure it wasn't a dog.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Would like to give it a try, but...

I too am allergic to deer and will itch like hell and eventually go to anaphylaxis if I don't pounda handfull of Benedryls. Is this stuff actually made from deer fur?