Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do >

DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do

Old 06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do

I was bow hunting one bright and cool October day and I had that familiar rumble low in my abdomen that was an indication of what was to come so I left my stand and looked far and wide for a place to take care of business. I wanted to make sure that where I left my "deposit" was a long way from my stand so it wouldn't interfere with my evening hunt. Some people squat and do there business and some are tree leaners like me so I found a suitable looking tree to back up against and do my business. This particular time I selected a smallish oak tree that was maybe six to eight inches around. I dropped my drawers and backed up to the tree to make my "deposit." When I was about half way through making my deposit I heard the most horrifying sounds I have ever heard in the woods in all of my years of hunting. I heard a loud craaaaaaack as my support fell away from behind me and I landed cheek first in my steaming "deposit."After cleaning my self up I returned to my stand to finish the rest of my otherwise uneventfulhunt.

Note to self: "Next time choose your tree more wisely."

Bob
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Drinking a twelve pack the night before, climbing a tree the next day. Not wise, I don't reccomend it.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

good stories guys,glad to know im not the only one things happen to.thought i was cursed