Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If you had the money and the time, where would you go deer hunting? >

If you had the money and the time, where would you go deer hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you had the money and the time, where would you go deer hunting?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had the money and the time, where would you go deer hunting?

I already go where I'd prefer to go, none of the above. Colorado, Wyoming in that order.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 AM

hi, folks!
please tell me how I can watch a video from this site -
http://adulthd-video.com/hd-virtual-girl/
[/align]
Old 06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Banned

"Pennsylvania sells over 40,000 non-resident deer hunting licenses annually."

Returning past residents coming back to hunt with family and friends. Tons of misplaced Pennsylvanias across the country once the steel industry etc. left. Same reason there are Pittsburgh steelers fans and even Pittsburgh Steeler Bars all across the country. LOL And the number of nonsresidents has been dropping like a hot potato since the deer plan began. Moreso than others. Apparently more and more are deciding the trip and paying so much as a nonres. just isnt worth it anymore.

" but it indicates that a few folks might pop up on a poll like this seeing it as a place to go."

Doubtful. More likely a few of the "debaters" who support antideer agenda are running the damage control efforts just like they do by going from site to site preaching the ignorance of the Pennsylvania hunter and how things can still be good wether there are 20 dpsm or 3. LOL. Those fellers never quit! LOL [:'(]
Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cornelius,

Most of us are aware about your concerns about deer hunting and management in PA. I even sympathize with you a bit. However, this poll has nothing to do with your opinion of the PA pgc. The bottom line is that it is a fact that 40K folks (more some years, less others) annually see PA as a desirable destination to go deer hunting. Over the years, i have seen a number of posts here by people expressing interest in going deer hunting in PA and one can findmore than a few ads advertising trophy hunts in the state. Soyou are coming across as a bit shrill when youtry to explain awaythe fact thata couple of those folks would show up in a poll like this. In fact, one would think that you would use the few people identifying PA as aplace to go to support your position. That makes much more sense than trying to take the leap that the only people who want to go to PA to deer hunt are doing it as a side trip whilevisiting grandma in Johnstown
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned

" Over the years, i have seen a number of posts here by people expressing interest in going deer hunting in PA and one can find more than a few ads advertising trophy hunts in the state. "

Same could be said of any state in the nation. I see no point.

"So you are coming across as a bit shrill when you try to explain away the fact that a couple of those folks would show up in a poll like this."

No "shrillness" involved. Just stating the facts. Anyone thinking as you state only need visit the northeast regional forum and read posts from Btbowhunter and a few others. Some of which like DennyF and a few other pgc flunkies hit every board on the internet for the last decade preaching the gospel according to pgc. LOL. All one need do is read some of their posts, then judge for yourself who did the voting! >LOL. BTbowhunter for one has been caught voting multiple votes with multiple id's in attempt to skew polls (unsuccessfully I might add). no lans, it is what it is. There is not one person who is gonna honestly tell me they think hunting in Pa is better than all those states mentioned. LMAO. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, and ridiculous of you to even try and defend! LOL

"In fact, one would think that you would use the few people identifying PA as a place to go to support your position. That makes much more sense than trying to take the leap that the only people who want to go to PA to deer hunt are doing it as a side trip while visiting grandma in Johnstown"

There is absolutely no doubt about it, family and friends of residents are the number one faction of nonresident pa hunters. I hardly find 40k as impressive when our overall population is in 13 mil range if I remember correctly? and our total hunter numbers are 900,000.... In such a highly populated state and our large numbers of people leaving to find employment elsewhere etc. through last few dacades due to the declines of industry previously, are well known and documented.

I also have family members that come in from Ohio. And they dont come because they are seeking greener pastures than their home state of ohio! LMAO.

And btw, I just added my 2cents. I didnt mean for this to become a Pa debate, course I didnt ask for the pgc damage control team to turn it into one. Seems you cannot speak your opinion if its not giving praise to almighty econut Pa gameless commission. Even though we have the absolute lowest hunter satisfaction of any state in the country.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yet another long treatise that has virtually nothing to do with this thread. 40k go to PA to hunt annually and it is silly to assert that all of them are just doing it while on the way to grandma's house. Does every person that pays big bucks to do trophy hunts in PA also fall in that camp? Maybe those outfitters that advertise nationwide for trophy hunts in PA should save their advertising dollars andfocus onputting up posters in Steelers bars in Cleveland

Bottom line is that you seem to be trying to deny that there is nobody for whomPA is a desirable deer hunting situation. That's not true. If you want to get on the soapbox about PA deer management, then fine, but trying to argue that nobody outside of former residents wants to go hunting in PA and getting your undies in a bunch and claiming pgc conspiracy over 3 or 4 responses to a poll reallyweakens your credibility.For heavens sake, something like only six percent of respondents checked PA, deal with it.

And your involvement in polls has been questioned too, if i recall.

Much ofthis argument is kind of moot anyway since the poll simplyasked where people would go if they have the money, not whether or not having family in those states might be a factor.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

"Yet another long treatise that has virtually nothing to do with this thread."

Sure it does. But guys like you choose to drag it out far past its intention.

"40k go to PA to hunt annually and it is silly to assert that all of them are just doing it while on the way to grandma's house."

Whenever 13million people live in the state, I guess 40k isnt all that many "grandmas".LOL

"Does every person that pays big bucks to do trophy hunts in PA also fall in that camp? Maybe those outfitters that advertise nationwide for trophy hunts in PA "

LMAO<,yeah, all 4 of them lololol. There are more high fenced preserve trophy hunts here than anything.

"Bottom line is that you seem to be trying to deny that there is nobody for whom PA is a desirable deer hunting situation. "

I didnt say "nobody" has a desirable situation in Pa to hunt ever... and that wasnt the topic in the first place. It is more along the lines of what would be your dream trip if you could go ANYWHERE! Thats what this poll is about. LOL. Helluva big difference in case you didnt notice bud.

"And your involvement in polls has been questioned too, if i recall. "

Nope. IT was only false nonsense spewed out because the person had been caught both lying and multiple voting. He tried later to "get even" by making accusations of things that were proven impossible. Yoiu know these things. But the fact you are going so far out of your way to do "damage control" says alot about you. And that your "word" is probably about as good as his.

"Much of this argument is kind of moot anyway since the poll simply asked where people would go if they have the money, not whether or not having family in those states might be a factor. "

Then stop whining. I said my "piece" several posts ago, and that wouldve been the end of it, and I was done with this thread if it werent for people like you dragging out an argument by spewing nonsense.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not whining just stating facts. Your the one who whigged out overfact that a couple folks dared to saythat they would go hunt in PA if they had the money.Andto again point out theobvious,people were not asked to base their choices on whether they would be hunting high fence or not, public verus private, etc.Besides, even a cursory check will show thatnot all outfitters in PA are high fence anyway. You continue to introduce factors that are irrelevant. And nice personal attacks on someone who is just pointing out facts. Next thing you will say that no one can believe a word I say because I am a double-oughtsecret agent hired by the PGC to spread false rumors that there are actually a few folks that want to hunt PA[]

And to repeat, there have been debates over the validity of polls, but i guess they are only accurate if they prove what you want? For those interested, i have put up a more tamper proof poll down in the Northeast section. Don't really care what it shows, I'm just interested in seeingeveryones opinion rather thanpeople on both sides of the issuetrying to shout down and insultthose who do not agree with them.[X(]

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

I have the money, and I could make the time, but any whitetail I would want can be found right here in my home state of Pa.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the money to hunt Pa., and do! I also, dare I say have success on hunting mature bucks. I haven't any relatives there, no grandmas, no hidden agendas. Just stretching my deer seasons, and loving every minute.

News flash, not everyone has a negative deer hunting experience in Pa. Sure the hunting COULD be better, but that could be said about every place deer hunting is available, IMHO.

Quick Reply: If you had the money and the time, where would you go deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.