Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When is the rut?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: When is the rut?

Crokit if the fall equinox sets into motion the start of the rut, then why are there different timesaccross the country for the start of the rut/peak rut?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now there's a " sucker " question if I ever heard one LOL. No disrespect meant TC, but only a sucker would open himself up to the gang bang that's sure to follow, but what the hay, it can't be as bad as jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

Different latitudes, IMHO. Kind of like asking the question " why is it 0* here on the first day of winter, yet 78* in Miami. Why do people break out the goose down in Syracuse, but bikinis in Tampa? Still winter. Solar presence simply at a different angle. Possibly that is part of the equation. Like JPIKE said, axis of the earth. I dare say that if you follow the latitude that Elmira/Bath NY lays on, both to the East and the West, the timing that I have presented rings fairly true along that course. Of course, there will always be folks presenting the exceptions.

Evolution, IMHO, determines the timing, giving offspring the best, optimum opportunity for survival. As I said before. The timing that I have observed provides that window. That being said, every once in awhile mother nature throws them a curve. As I have said repeatedly throughout my posts on this subject, my estimates on when the PEAK rut begins is STRICTLY based on MY location upon the globe. Obviously the rut starts/stops at different times based on locale on earth.

Rather than all the arguing, why not give it a try, keeping in mind that it will take more than a couple of years.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Strange how the original question of when is the rut in Alabama has strayed.

The time of the peak rut varies throughout the country and it doesn't seemthere is agreementwhy it does occur at a certain time. No given theory fits all deer peak rut times.
I just noticed this. LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think its on now! lol.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed Wisc. LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Google "Peak Whitetail Rut Dates" to find out.

God bless,

T.R.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you no shame TR/ lmaoay.

Google Dr. Charles Alsheimer He at least seems less self serving.

Why are the titles listed on the first page of THAT search you recommended TR all coming back as your Web site?

Why are the mods allowing you the free advertisement? Would the mods at least verify that this TR is not receiving special treatment over and above what others here have not been able to receive?