Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is the worst deer hunting state? >

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

zzzwark, note where treboryerf is from. Of course, Richland Parish is not exactlya deer mecca. Where I hunt, Union Parish, there are plenty of deer, and some very good ones I might add. We Louisianan's know about the quality deer we have. Louisiana just may be one of the best kept secrets in deer hunting.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

zzzwark, note where treboryerf is from. Of course, Richland Parish is not exactlya deer mecca. Where I hunt, Union Parish, there are plenty of deer, and some very good ones I might add. We Louisianan's know about the quality deer we have. Louisiana just may be one of the best kept secrets in deer hunting.
Why do you think I told them to go to Texas,I want to keep this to myself.What part of ne,la. you from strutter,Ruston? We got some pretty good deer here in richland parish these days.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that's why you said go to Texas. I live in West Monroe and own land in Lillie (Union Parish), which is between Bernice and Junction City, Ark. I know there are deer in Richland Parish, but it wouldn't be my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.... choice to hunt. There just aren't near as many deer there as there are in many Parishes in the state, but you probably already know that. I'm not trying to knock where you hunt. You may be in a productive area in Richland.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about Rhode Island?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that's why you said go to Texas. I live in West Monroe and own land in Lillie (Union Parish), which is between Bernice and Junction City, Ark. I know there are deer in Richland Parish, but it wouldn't be my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.... choice to hunt. There just aren't near as many deer there as there are in many Parishes in the state, but you probably already know that. I'm not trying to knock where you hunt. You may be in a productive area in Richland.
Yeah, I grew up in El Dorado,AR and have a couple of leases north of Junction City. We use to have a lot of Louisiana hunters coming over the border, but I don't think it happens as much now.

I use to haul **** through Bernice on the way from Louisiana Tech and El Dorado many moons ago. Use to make that run in about thirty five or forty minutes.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well if we're talking chosing which parish to hunt if I could I too would probably want to hunt tensas or madison parish over richland parish,but in my part of richland parish we have some really good deer numbers and some decent deer also,I am right on the richland,franklin line and actually hunt both parishes,but I don't think there is any better hunting than in the mississippi delta in madison and tensas parishes,in Louisiana that is.I love hunting the hardwoods,not so fond of the pine.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Yeah, I grew up in El Dorado,AR and have a couple of leases north of Junction City. We use to have a lot of Louisiana hunters coming over the border, but I don't think it happens as much now.

I use to haul **** through Bernice on the way from Louisiana Tech and El Dorado many moons ago. Use to make that run in about thirty five or forty minutes.

Thirty-five to forty minutes from Tech to El Dorado? Damn boy, how many tickets did you get?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

Well if we're talking chosing which parish to hunt if I could I too would probably want to hunt tensas or madison parish over richland parish,but in my part of richland parish we have some really good deer numbers and some decent deer also,I am right on the richland,franklin line and actually hunt both parishes,but I don't think there is any better hunting than in the mississippi delta in madison and tensas parishes,in Louisiana that is.I love hunting the hardwoods,not so fond of the pine.

I would say Tensas, Madison, Union, and West Feliciana would be the top deer hunting Parishes. Tensas and Madison do have some monster bucks.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:57 PM
DV1
Spike

NJ should be at the top, if not OVER the top, but that also depends on what you consider the "worst" conditions.

If you like extremely crowded (NJ has more bowhunters per square mile of deer habitat than any other state, and that was BEFORE crossbows were legalized), NJ will not be the worst.

But iflike seeing bait piles and tree stands every 74.6 yards, and getting run out of the WMA's during gun season by large waves of driving hunters, and the opportunity to shoot 6 spikes and unlimted button bucks and does each year, long unlimited gun seasons and an absolute hatred for quality hunting (and as we found out bow hunting too) held deeply by those who manage our deer herd, well then, if you like all that, NJ is not the worst. If you don't like all that, NJ would be a nightmare for you.

NJ exports(to hunt other states)a higher percentage of hunters than any other state, and that is for very, very good reasons...the Fish and Game Council and Division of Fish and Wildlife have done an absolute horrible job of deer management here.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I surprised California isn't on this list.
This has got to the worst hunting grounds.

Quick Reply: What is the worst deer hunting state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.