Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Feeder Advice Needed

Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feeder Advice Needed

I have to admit, I sometimes use bait for fishing.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Spike

One minute you guys are ready to kill each other. Now you are parctically ready to move to Vermont and get married. What's with that?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It wasn't about killing each other, it was about getting some rec. { love that smiley } Either way, my wife said " you guys need to grow up ". Sometimes, but not often enough, I tend to listen to her.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 AM

After reading this thread, I'd say take the advice.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I don't even use bait for fishing!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The noise is a dinner bell,but the turkeys can hear too.They learn real quick.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy sallies

As far as im concerned,

Steroids kill basbeall stats

Feeders kill hunting stats

Everyone should get at * next to the buck they kill from a feeder. Just MY opinion.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

To those who took the time to give advice, thank you very much!!
To those were offended by crokit and my bickering back and fourth, I apologize!! I guess by using my real name instead of a handle I take things too personal some times.

Siman, you are welcome to your opinion but I dont remember asking for your opinion, but being from PA. I tend to agree with you. Infact 28 of our 35 members are from PA. and in 9 years not one of them ( I would be the 1st. ) ever used bait / feeder etc., to hunt over. Infact currently only 5 of our members have used bait/feeders over the years (nothing wrong with them doing so in my opinion since it is legal in the state of OH., and who am I to tell someone else how they should enjoy the sport)
and they are from OH. & NJ.
I guess what I am trying to say is that the 27 other members of my club from PA. and most are friends of mine share your opinion on this subject and I am currently still on the fence on not wether or not I will use a feeder this year during hunting season. But I definately am going to put it up this weekend to help get more pics Pike
Old 05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to put corn out in front of my cameras all the time. I ended up stopping for a bunch of reasons.

Alot (actually, most) of my friends hunt over bait. And i give them a hard time but its all for fun, im not going to tell you that a legal hunting method is wrong. I personally don't do it though. I take pride in the way i hunt, but its only for personal satisfaction.........

.......One of the main reason i find hunting over bait so irksome is the fact that a 9 year old kid or a 68 year old man with ZERO experience or hunting ability could set up on one and kill a booner buck. Which does happen, ALOT, here in Ohio. Then you have to hear everyone and their brother saying how awesome of a hunter that person is for the next 5 years. Is the person a good hunter, hell no. Are they lucky and in the right place at the right time? Yes, and i understand it could happen to anybody in any hunting situation. But something in that picture just bothers me. Ive been confronted by these people hundreds of times, and they all laugh at how i don't kill monster bucks like they do. But truth be told, if you told them that they couldn't hunt over bait then they would just stop hunting altogether, because they would never see a deer and get bored after 2 hours. I take pride in my ability to set up on deer and take does and pass on multiple bucks a year without bait. Thats just my personal feeling. Am i a good hunter? Not at all. Ive only been doing this seriously for 3 years, but do i think im better then the bait guys, most definitely. (And i understand that thier is different reasons for baiting...i direct this to the "weekend warriors" who dont even know what the word scouting or planning mean, besides riding the ATV to the feeder with a bucket of corn).

Once again, this is only how i feel about the matter, and its not meant to offend anybody. I like to dish out my opinion on certain matters when i have a chance.

Rant over
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Siman thanks for the advice, My last trip out I put corn in front of one of my cams just to see how the deer would react to it, just trying to fiqure out if using a feeder etc. would be worth the hard time im going to be getting from the other guys. So far the 5 guys in our club that use feeders have not harvested 1 buck that we would consider to be a shooter, and the only good buck they got on camera was the one I posted in my first pic., so, so far I havent seen any advantages as far as mature bucks go put to to kill a doe or an inmature buck would be like shooting fish in a barrell.
And god forbid If I would ever decide to use a crossbow I dont have any desire to unless I would ever get injured but even then I would get tared and feathered. ( But dont get me wrong I dont feel that I should have an opinion on a hunter that decides to use a crossbow either since they are also legal in OH.) Pike

Quick Reply: Feeder Advice Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.