Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting vs shooting

Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting vs shooting

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Crokit maybe you could tell us, in detail,how you hunt deer?

Timber: I'd love to. I could talk about it all day long. In a nutshell, stillhunting public land in the HighPeaks region of the Adirondacks, and Conneticut Hill public lands in the southern tier.

Not sure what the problem is with trying to find a web site for hunting deer without use of bait. How is that any different than posting questions about what's the best method to bait deer. Definitley, IMHO, a goose and gander problem. I do appreciate the info from the fellas in ND though. Thanks guys!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

So when you are successful at "hunting" a deer, do you skip the "shooting" part? Freakin elitist

Actually I have, on a number of occasions. I can live with being called an elitist, just as you can with being known as a deer and bear hog. No biggie. As I've stated a number of times " to each his own ". Handle it.

In my experience mr crokit, when someone goes out of their way to declare themselves as bow only,mature big buck only, or no bait hunter, in your case, (which is a misnomer unless you are hunting deer in the desert) it usually means they are inexperienced or just plain sucky hunters that have not had much success in the field and adopt the "i do it the hard way" attitude to validate their lack of success. Experienced and successful hunters know all deer hunting is hard and success, by any method is an accomplishment.

S
Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't Coues deer munch on prickly pear cactus in the desert? JK. Simply asking for info on a site dedicated to HUNTING deer without use of bait. This site has every other imaginable forum, including a few that you speak of.

I have to admit though, I got a kick out of your inexperienced, sucky statement.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to LOVE still hunting & spot & stalk with a bow, as well as stand hunting with a bow, until I got all broke up, now I hunt with bow (increasing less), muzzleloader, and centerfire rifle. Between my back & shoulder problems, and needing total knee replacement, I'm doing good to hobble to a ground blind. I don't claim to be better than anybody else though, and have bowhunted since 1974. We all have our own styles and while a certain style may not be MY way, I will fight to protect ANY ethical legal style of hunting-regardless of wether I hunt that way or not. We're all in this fight to protect our rights together so we need to find common ground and stick together.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

In my experience mr crokit, when someone goes out of their way to declare themselves as bow only,mature big buck only, or no bait hunter, in your case, (which is a misnomer unless you are hunting deer in the desert) it usually means they are inexperienced or just plain sucky hunters that have not had much success in the field and adopt the "i do it the hard way" attitude to validate their lack of success. Experienced and successful hunters know all deer hunting is hard and success, by any method is an accomplishment.

S
Excellent post!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

crokit,

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a site dedicated to ONLY your type of hunting. Almost every single deer hunter hunts them near a food source. Whether it be a food plot, oak tree grove, feeder, etc... If you're attitude is "to each their own" why can't you just sift through the baiting threads and find something you want to read?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off if you truly believe "to each your own" then why would you post in such a manner????[&:]

JME but those most opposed to technique (s)are often those who have little to no experience with that technique (be it choice, cost or legality). Ie; hunting deer with dogs is illegal here and I have no experience with this technique. Any commentI make about this techniqueis really an assumption as I don't have any experience ora clue what's involved! Same goes for baiting if it applies to you!

FWIW baiting is legal here, though I don't use the technique. I do however know what's involved with baiting for as I spent a number of years in the outfitting business here in saskatchewan. Even though I have my own personal reasons for not emloying baiting as a technique you will not find me saying it's just shooting vs hunting.

In response to declaration of a hunters standards, lets not forget hunting is a personal endeavour and as such if one choses to declare he or she is: bow, mature, etc only then we should not care nor view it as a swipe to our personal hunting choices. UNLESS it is followed by chastising, demeaning banter (this includes non trophy or meat hunters as much as those who declare themselves as "trophy hunters")! We are all still hunters at the core. Like mentioned we must remain united, even if we don't always agree!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Crokit maybe you could tell us, in detail,how you hunt deer?

Timber: I'd love to. I could talk about it all day long. In a nutshell, stillhunting public land in the HighPeaks region of the Adirondacks, and Conneticut Hill public lands in the southern tier.

Not sure what the problem is with trying to find a forum for hunting deer without use of bait. How is that any different than posting questions about what's the best method to bait deer. Definitley, IMHO, a goose and gander problem. I do appreciate the info from the fellas in ND though. Thanks guys!
What would compell you to come to this forum to ask how to find a different fourm that you think may be more in line with your way of thinking. Especially after making it clear this is not for you.

Not many places here in the west you can bait, none that I am aware of and although its not my thing I can't fault those who do legally. If I were looking for like minded hunters I use a different approach.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/quot

What would compell you to come to this forum to ask how to find a different fourm that you think may be more in line with your way of thinking. Especially after making it clear this is not for you.

[/quote]

Figured a forum titled hunting was a good place to start. I was was looking for a web site.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

crokit,

If you're attitude is "to each their own" why can't you just sift through the baiting threads and find something you want to read?

that IS what I do now.

Quick Reply: hunting vs shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.