Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting vs shooting

Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: hunting vs shooting

Crokit,

There is tons of info on this site about all kinds of hunting. Anything you want, it's here just gotta look through and find the right thing. That being said, hunting over a food source is one of the best ways to hunt white tail, and I find it hard to believe that you have never hunted near a food or water source at all. We're all on the same team here, so just find the posts you wanna read, and ignore the ones your don't like. That is what works best.
-Jake
Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

crokit,

If you're attitude is "to each their own" why can't you just sift through the baiting threads and find something you want to read?

that IS what I do now.
I've been victim before and tied to the whipping board do to a comment that others found "offensive".

If I step back and read my post/reply and then re-read it and then re-read it and then re-read it.
I wind up re-writing and re-writing and re-writing my post/reply.
Until I think I've looked at it from multiple view points, to be politically correct (now that's funny ~ me of all people).
Some people need the "sorting through reading for dummies" book, meaning better "clarification" and not relying on mind reading to help them figure out MY post/reply.

If all else fails then I tell them to kiss my narrow white ass!!![8D]
Old 04-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia
If all else fails then I tell them to kiss my narrow white ass!!![8D]

The most intellegent thing written on this thread! Entertaining as usual Ed. It took me a while to figure out that whatever I write there is always someone out there willing to point out why I'm wrong. I keep to myself for the most part now. Get your narrow white ass out here to hunt Ed. I won't kiss it though[8D]

Crokit, check out bloodbros.com
Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

Crokit,

There is tons of info on this site about all kinds of hunting. Anything you want, it's here just gotta look through and find the right thing. That being said, hunting over a food source is one of the best ways to hunt white tail, and I find it hard to believe that you have never hunted near a food or water source at all. We're all on the same team here, so just find the posts you wanna read, and ignore the ones your don't like. That is what works best.
-Jake
Never hunted over a food plot or bait. Has my still hunting taken me past oak/beech trees and streams and creeks? Obviously, but I guess, apparently, I'm one of the few people here that doesn't consider that the same as baiting. For the life of me, I do not see the similarity, but, like I say, to each his own.

I do appreciate the pm.s and suggestions. Those sites are exactly what I was looking for.

I really wasn't trying to offend anyone, and frankly did find many of the replys, though maybe juvenille, quite humorous.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Glad we could humor you. And I never said that it was the same as setting up a bait barrel or a food plot, but you can't say you have never hunted near or around some type of food source.
-Jake
Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOCAJNALA: Relax. Go back and read my post. Never said YOU believed they were the same. Plenty others on this site have said it for you. Only said I have NEVER shot/shot at deer over bait or a food plot. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe still hunting through forests and catching up to a deer in a stand of beech is the same as putting a block of salt in a stump and shooting deer that come to it. Simple as that.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Spike

After reading the other responses to your post I'm not sure if I'm interpreting your Q's right. Anyway I was just on a site dedicated to Whitetail check it out it may give you some idea's.

http://www.whitetails.com

Cheers
Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed, still hunting is not stand hunting over a plot.
-Jake
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crokit, you're a crokit of chit! You don't make a post saying you are trying not to start chit and then ask a dumbass question like that. Say what you want but you know and everyone who has a half a brain knows, you where looking to stir the pot. I hope you find perfect deer hunting site and you stay there. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

I really wasn't trying to offend anyone, and frankly did find many of the replys, though maybe juvenille, quite humorous.

COLORADOLUCKYDOG: You watch WAY to much Sesame Street.LMFAOAY!

Quick Reply: hunting vs shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.