Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin Deer Hunters

Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin Deer Hunters

There is no earn-a-buck for the 2009 season (except in CWD units) as they put a one year moritorium on it until next year when they will reevaluate if it is needed which means they will institute it again. I think its bogus that are earn a buck stickers are going to be no good but whatever there is nothing we as hunters can do. As far as there being no deer i wouldn't quite go that far. Waushara Co. always has high number of deer kills and has been an earn-a-buck unit since they began the program and last weekend we had at least 60 deer in one of our three fields feeding just before dark. You can definitley say the deer herd is reduced from previous years by substantial numbers but there are deer still around.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

just shoot every wolf we see when hunting....
Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 AM

Yeah i agree with you shellg i think they should honor that EAB tag for the first year they bring that EAB back. and i also agree with souless shoot all them coyotes and wolves i wish there ere a huntin season for wolves!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

A couple things. I've never really had to deal with EAB, soI have no thoughts there.
Now on to the wolf thing. Simple, if it's illegal, it's illegal, done. Do something else to try and get it changed. JMO
Dandbuck
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Spike

So the deer kill drops by 60 thou from 07' to 08' and everyone wants to thro the DNR under the bus... Bu in 02' it dropped over a 100 thou from 01' I did not hear this same type of anti DNR stuff.. Why did 02' kill so few deer??

Couple of reasons.. CWD... and a baiting ban.. Baiting comes bac and the kill goes right back up the next season

This tells me that without baiting.. we will kill less deer in these key units of the north that have reported a huge reduction in the kills from 08' ..This proves that it is much harder to kill deer without bait... .. So this being proven in 2002. why not make it a little harder for everyone to kill deer straight across the board and get rid of the baiting and feeding ... This will then place more deer back in the north for everyone to hunt in future seasons with out forcing anyone to take a doe first like in a EAB set ups.. Seems pretty simple to me.

NH