Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is obama taking away guns?

Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Spike

Default is obama taking away guns?

i wanted mcain to win yall so when obama takes away guns dont come crying to me
Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is obama taking away guns?

Is Obama taking away guns???

I say no. I haven't had anyone come knocking on my door asking me to turn them over.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

nope not going to take our guns but he is going to make it hard as hell to find ammo. But I can tell you one thing, the local gun wholesaler in my area is out of just about every gun you would want to order. I've had a gun on order since thefirst week on Dec. 08 and they still don't have any in stock yet.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

HAHAHA i would really like to see him come take mine. There is no way he will EVER take away our guns. The gov. can't even get rid of all the illegal guns that are all over the place. Again i will say, there is no way.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

First, since the subject has been brought up (I was going to post this anyhow), I want to say that I think pistols, hunting rifles, and shotguns are sporting weapons and we should maintain the right to own such weapons. I have to be honest about this though. THERE IS NO REASON/PURPOSE IN ANY CIVILIAN OWNING AN SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE! I'm sure there will be many who will argue tooth and nail against what I just said, but that's too damned bad! These friggen nuts out there are taking out cops these days like it's nobodys business with these rifles!

A great example is that bank robbery they had in California a number of years ago. I think 4 or more police were killed with semi automatic rifles. The local police were helpless against these freaks! Another was just the other day in Pittsburg,Pa where 3 policemen were killed with a semi automatic rifle. An AK47 I believe it was. I'm quite sure there are many others on record. Come on here. We really don't need these kinds of rifles to be able to have fun at the range. There are WAAAY too many other choices available to us as sportsmen.

To the guys that say it's our right to own these weapons, then why shouldn't we be able to own grenades and rocket launchers? I'm very sure they would be a lot of fun to play with as well. Seriously, we need to draw the line somewhere! If Obama takes away semi automatic weapons, I'm all for it. We need to start thinking about these guys out there putting their lives on the line every day for our own peace of mind.

Let's try to keep this a friendly discussion. I'm sure some will agree with me and there will perhaps be at least as many who don't. I'm looking forward to hearing what folks think about this issue.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

automatic weapons are already illegal
There is a SEMI AUTO version of ak's and such that is legal and should be allowed to stay that way
Old 04-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, I meant semi-automatic. I will change that, but won't change my opinion! Also, semi auto's are easily made into auto's.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I guess the only way to restrict gun ownership is come to your door and take em? What about restrictions on buying future guns that obama wants to ban w/ his new AWB he wants? what about taxing the crap out of guns and ammo? what about democrat proposals to ban 223 308 and even any ammo that will penetrate a kvelar vest, which includes all centerfire hunting ammo, these bills are already out there and he can do what he want with his near super majorites in the house and senate.
Heck his election alone caused people w/ good reason to buy up as much guns and ammo as they can, causeing the prices to skyrocket. ATF even just changed the 4473 forms (new yellow ones)right after his anugeration to make it even harder for average citizens to pass nics checks. I think gun owners are heading down a bumpy road in the next 4 -8 years, no doubt about it!

Wake the heck up ,he doesnt have to send the ATF to your house to restict gun ownership but I bet if he did, all the tough talkers would crap their pants and open their gun safes.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

early in,

I have to disagree with you. A restriction of semi-automatic rifles would be a first step toward much more restrictive gun legislation. It is true that some Semi-automatic's can be made automatic relatively easily but that is against the law. It seems to reason that if a person is willing to break the law buy altering their firearm then they would be willing to break the law and find a way to get an automatic on the black market. Something that is not that hard to do either.

I have a Marlin Model 60 .22 rifle. It is a tube fed semi-automatic. Should that be illegal also? What about handguns that are semi-automatic?

I respect your opinion but I still have to respectfully disagree.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

First, since the subject has been brought up (I was going to post this anyhow), I want to say that I think pistols, hunting rifles, and shotguns are sporting weapons and we should maintain the right to own such weapons. I have to be honest about this though. THERE IS NO REASON/PURPOSE IN ANY CIVILIAN OWNING AN SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE! I'm sure there will be many who will argue tooth and nail against what I just said, but that's too damned bad! These friggen nuts out there are taking out cops these days like it's nobodys business with these rifles!

A great example is that bank robbery they had in California a number of years ago. I think 4 or more police were killed with semi automatic rifles. The local police were helpless against these freaks! Another was just the other day in Pittsburg,Pa where 3 policemen were killed with a semi automatic rifle. An AK47 I believe it was. I'm quite sure there are many others on record. Come on here. We really don't need these kinds of rifles to be able to have fun at the range. There are WAAAY too many other choices available to us as sportsmen.

To the guys that say it's our right to own these weapons, then why shouldn't we be able to own grenades and rocket launchers? I'm very sure they would be a lot of fun to play with as well. Seriously, we need to draw the line somewhere! If Obama takes away semi automatic weapons, I'm all for it. We need to start thinking about these guys out there putting their lives on the line every day for our own peace of mind.

Let's try to keep this a friendly discussion. I'm sure some will agree with me and there will perhaps be at least as many who don't. I'm looking forward to hearing what folks think about this issue.
Well here what I think abouT "drawing the line" on gun ownership

Its simple, guns are tools, what makes them deadly is the hand that wields them. Whats more dangerous , a single shot 22 in the hands of a murderous street thug or a fully automatic AK 47 in the hand of a honest hard working law abiding citizen? When are folks gonna realize if you want to stop crime you must control criminals not guns!if a muderer wants to kill, even on a mass scale he will do it no matter what, and he will find a way and a weapon to do it w/. As far as banning a weapon cause you dont see a reason to own it ,thats ridiculous! Whos to say what one needs? Once you make the case there are guns that should be restricted on the bassis of "need" ,where does it end? 1st its the fully autos then it the semi autos then it anything w/ a detach. mag then its any thing that holds more 10, then 6 then 3 rnds and so on...Heck there are some in the archery forum that would do away w/ gun hunting altogether if they could and their supposed to be on "our " side. The point is once you set presidence to restrict guns in any way ,you allow the case to be made to keep restricting them, so I say give them NOTHING!!!!!! If you want to stop criminals from mowing down cops and school kids, lock these pricks up and throw away the key or better yet, destroy them like the vermin they are! Whats even better, give non felons nation wide the right to carry and protect themselves against these thugs. now doesnt that make more sense than "banning" an in animate hunk of steel and wood?

Quick Reply: is obama taking away guns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.