Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out my new stand!!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Check out my new stand!!

I don't mean to be a critic but I would hate to see all that work go to waste when that thing is far out of level and you need to build some sort of over hang on there, and did you use any treated lumber it does'nt look like the floor joist are.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

just cause the poles are plum does not make the floor level

Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

okay I believe you, just wanted to make sure you guys knew what you were doing...

time to paint it now....I suggest some vertical brown/grey/black lines tree sillohettes...maybe a basecoat of greyish blue sky...for the background...

Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

okay I believe you, just wanted to make sure you guys knew what you were doing...

time to paint it now....I suggest some vertical brown/grey/black lines tree sillohettes...maybe a basecoat of greyish blue sky...for the background...

Old 03-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: patchholder

I don't mean to be a critic but I would hate to see all that work go to waste when that thing is far out of level and you need to build some sort of over hang on there, and did you use any treated lumber it does'nt look like the floor joist are.
thanks for the input. Actually 100% of the lumber is treated. And you are right about the over hang, actually at that point we didnt have the roof on. But we have a 8 in over hang all the way around the stand now and have a sloping roof, 8 feet in the front and 7 feet in the back.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I've built a few of these with a few friends. If you can, find some roof rubber membrane, asphalt-type roofing or even metal roofing or decking to get a cap on that thing. You'd be amazed how fast that water will wear on those flat horizontal surfaces....even with that pitch you have.

It does look out of plumb and level, but it's the way the pic was taken across the incline. If you tilt your head to match the image...it comes out pretty close. Nice work with your ice shanty on stilts.

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

roadhunter, i have a stand I built for my Dad (79) has heater which turns to a stove, a roof w/ windows and can seat 4 comfortable. It has vinyl siding in yellow color with 15 steps to the house itself. When you is freezing and heading ofr the car, My 79 year old dad is sitting in campo shorts and a tshirt having a cup of coffee and fried egss and bacon. Who said deer hunting should be painful. Oh and I don't drag deer, I ride up on em' in my UTV and load in the back! If they go over the ,mountain I go after them w/ a electric winch cable and rope!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

pretty nice only, it's a little crooked.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wi_buckstomper,

Here,... maybe this will help a little.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice...

Quick Reply: Check out my new stand!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.