Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out my new stand!!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Check out my new stand!!

i'm building one now thats on wheels,so i can tow it around on the farm. i have the frame almost done,i'll post pics later.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats but did you forget to use a level? Either I'm crooked or it is. LOL.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

that looks pretty sweet but it is a little crooked though. otherwise its pretty sweet looking
Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

You guys are nuts! For that amount of $ in lumber you could have built 3 stands that could be blended into the bush line. To each their own, keep usposted onhow manymature bucks you kill fromyour tree house.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:23 PM

You can't kill a deer unless you are out in the field and if this thing enables you to stay out there longer than go for it. I do see the traditionalist viewpoint though of hunting in the elements as well but if you are happy and can get a deer from that thing then more power to ya!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gspguy73

You can't kill a deer unless you are out in the field and if this thing enables you to stay out there longer than go for it. I do see the traditionalist viewpoint though of hunting in the elements as well but if you are happy and can get a deer from that thing then more power to ya!
The traditionalist can have that bad weather crap. Yeah, I'll hunt when it's cold, or when its raining/snowing, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about being cold or wet. If I could hunt deer off my back porch, sitting in a lounge chair, on a 70 degree day with an iced tea in my hand and some ribs on the grill next to me, I would. And it'd still be hunting to me! If you don't like it, no Bar-B-Q for you!

You definitely need to level that baby out though. It's more crooked than a Chicago politician. The location and view has 257 Weatherby written all over it, so when can I come up?

Mike
Old 03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess it's ok if that's your thing. I like the outdoors, woods and no man made things cluttering the landscape. Plus, I'm a bowhunter. No way would I have it where you have it. LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wi_buckstomper

Well me and my buddy built this box stand over the weekend. Pretty sweet. Still have some minor things to do like painting and stuff but its real nice. 8 by 8 by 8 12 feet high. What ya think??

Looks good to me buckstomper. I think it looks out of level because it looks to be sitting on a incline if I'm not mistaken. I would have gave my left you know what to be in something like that this past deer season. It was the coldest I can remember in a long time. Good job.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those big boxes must work because they are everywhere in Wisconsin. If I owned a good piece of deer woods I would probably have a box too, but I hunt mostly public land so I don't have that option right now. Good luck and nice job!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I used one for the first time this year, I am getting kinda old and the weather here in Wi. can be nasty. I go to Northern Wi. for the rifle season and use a little ol tree stand and it is not very nice, so when I go back home I use a 4x4 box stand not as big as yours but for Dec. ML/Archery seasons they sure are nice. A small heater and its quite cozy very effective 2. Only problem is they are kind of hard to moveso this year I am building another one
RC

Quick Reply: Check out my new stand!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.